Who do you see as potential risers and fallers after the Combine?

Seoulofstone

Players rising and falling months after games because of what they do in shorts is the dumbest thing in sports.  I remember Orlando Brown, who was awesome in college, fell because he had an awful combine.  Well, he just started as a rookie OT for a playoff team. So dumb.  It’s makes for decent TV though.

5 hours ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Lets have this draft strategy 

#1 - trade bk with Washington 

#15- TJ Hockenson TE

#40- Hakeem Butler  Wr

#47- Dalton Risner O-Line 

#75- Andy Isabella Wr 

Butler won’t be there at 40.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Players rising and falling months after games because of what they do in shorts is the dumbest thing in sports.  I remember Orlando Brown, who was awesome in college, fell because he had an awful combine.  Well, he just started as a rookie OT for a playoff team. So dumb.  It’s makes for decent TV though.

Butler won’t be there at 40.

I like Butler but he's not the prospect most here make him out to be.  He will go somewhere in the 1st half of the 2nd rd book it. Butler has major issues getting off the jam plus he's a little stiff for the position.  U can put up all the highlight reels u want . I remember James Hardy had some ridiculous highlights to coming out of college how did he turn out?

1 hour ago, BillsFan1988 said:

I like Butler but he's not the prospect most here make him out to be.  He will go somewhere in the 1st half of the 2nd rd book it. Butler has major issues getting off the jam plus he's a little stiff for the position.  U can put up all the highlight reels u want . I remember James Hardy had some ridiculous highlights to coming out of college how did he turn out?

Fair points but I think a problem fans get into judging receivers is end results.  Receiver is the most dependent position in football. Hardy is probably a better player playing with Big Ben than he was with Trent Edwards. OBJ isn’t close to the same player if the Bills draft him.  If the Colts draft Lee Evans, I believe he has  a Marvin Harrison type career.  Julian Edelman is nobody without Brady and now people (foolishly) ask if he’s a hall of famer.

receiver, almost more than any position, depends on some many other things than just actual talent.  

1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Orlando Brown might’ve blown up the combine.  Measure them, do medical checks, and let teams do interviews.  The other stuff is just noise and makes for good TV.  

Yeah, I agree. It’s the stuff fans don’t see: medical checks and interviews that make the biggest impact for teams.