Amazon To Pay No Federal Taxes in 2019

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Tom, should the tax laws amended to make it harder for corporations (and wealthy individuals) to employ creative tax strategies to significantly reduce their income tax obligations?  That’s my question now - and that was my original question.  Do you have an opinion?  Or will you continue being your grouchy, partisan, hypocrital self?

It’s funny - I didn’t call anyone here names in my OP, but have been called many names in response.  I didn’t call anyone on this forum a racist (although a bunch of racists quickly outed themselves in this thread).  I raised a question for discussion and, just as I expected, the masses who have ruined this forum would prefer to name-call, and would prefer (without reading my post or knowing my poltics) to paint me as the New Left.

If you would like to know my politics, just ask me.  I despise Trump, I was disgusted with Obama.  I’d vote libertarian before I’d vote for Bernie Sanders.  I hate progressive politics.  I hate the modern incarnation of the GOP, which is more outcome-focused than rights-focused.  For example.

If you are going to make these accusations then name those who you are calling racist.

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

With trillion dollar deficits it seems resin able to ask the people with

the money to pay instead of going after social

security and Medicare and obamacare 

You mean like plastic?

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Hey pal - note that I specifically noted that Amazon likely didn’t break any laws.

What you wrote was that Amazon paid no federal taxes. You took the time to post an article that was inaccurate, and create a thread title that was inaccurate, and yet somehow I'm the one who needs to read? :lol:

At least you popped back in to remind us why you left. At the very least, if you're going to post a ridiculous topics like "Amazon didn't pay federal taxes" or "Global Warming Cooling Climate Change Is Real" then at least have the common message board courtesy to not run away every time you post something.

Hell, even Tibs stays for his threads, and he still struggles with the concept of a fork.

• Haha (+1) 1