The Difference Between Best Player Available vs. Drafting For Need (Sal Capaccio Explains...)

15 hours ago, Mikey152 said:

You are completely wrong if you think every player isn't on their board and isn't ranked appropriately according to talent.  Just because you have a starter at a position doesn't mean you don't want to know what is available.  The player could be an upgrade, backup/handcuff, an heir apparent/cost control, or even trade bait (either in the draft or later).  

This is where I think fans and GMs differ.  Fans are thinking about right now...coaches are too, most of the time.  But GMs are trying to build a sustainable roster.  They have three years from now in mind just as much as today. Position should really only ever come into play in "all else being equal" type scenarios, period.  

If the Bills GMs have been so strategic over the years, then who do none of them have any Playoff success outside of Polian? 

Fans literally have drafted better than the Bills over the years. 

On 1/23/2019 at 4:44 PM, row_33 said:

some teams have more definitely defined needs in a given year

reaction to what is happening ahead of your pick can cause changes

just dont be the Vikings and sit there going DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH while the clock runs out on your first pick, two years in a row

I remember seeing this on the nfl network. That ***** is funny. I always wondered what two players they were deciding on when the clock hit 0 both times