Cards Reporter hearing Mike McCarthy to Browns

Reed83HOF

55 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You mean other than the SB win with Brandon Jackson as RB and Greg Jennings as their #1 WR?  All that "talent" amounted to Eddie LAcy, Jordie Nelson and Davante Adams.

Maybe you are confusing him with Tony Dungy?

That was 8 years ago, in the Not For Long.  

More recently, he had skill position players like Lacy and Richard Rodgers hovering around 300 lbs; they didn't have enough of a weight problem to deal with it during the season, but it was worth blasting them to the press after the season.  One might say his team was only hungry off the field. 

If you watched a few Packers games this year, you saw a lot of Aaron Rodgers standing around, waiting for WRs who never got open.

McCarthy reminds me of Rex Ryan, both having shown an inability or unwillingness to update their once cutting-edge designs to keep pace with the rest of the league.  I hope they're both coaching in the AFC next year.

2 hours ago, Buffalo86 said:

That was 8 years ago, in the Not For Long.  

More recently, he had skill position players like Lacy and Richard Rodgers hovering around 300 lbs; they didn't have enough of a weight problem to deal with it during the season, but it was worth blasting them to the press after the season.  One might say his team was only hungry off the field. 

If you watched a few Packers games this year, you saw a lot of Aaron Rodgers standing around, waiting for WRs who never got open.

McCarthy reminds me of Rex Ryan, both having shown an inability or unwillingness to update their once cutting-edge designs to keep pace with the rest of the league.  I hope they're both coaching in the AFC next year.

This is the point I was making.  The other poster claimed McCarthy was "wasting" all that talent.  In fact, he won a SB with that crew, as well as appearances in 3 other conference championship games--as recently as 2 years ago.  His teams finished 1st in the division 6 times.  He had the 4th best scoring offense 2 years ago.  That Aaron Rodgers/Philbin combo will work wonders, no doubt.

McCarthy is a better coach than Greggo, Lewis, Gruden, Gase, Joseph, Marrone, Koetter, and Vrabel---you want him in the AFC?