Buffalo picked the right Josh

Nuncha

17 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

That's fine, but I have two thoughts on this:

I would treat him like Jakeem Grant, who Miami uses as a gadget player.  That shouldn't sound like a diss either; that's the same role that Tarik Cohen has in Chicago.  He's really small, so you don't want him taking 40+ snaps per game.

It would be a bad decision to go into the season thinking that McKenzie playing 16 games next year is a foregone conclusion. Best bet is to add a WR1 and find a complementary slot option.  You don't want to be in a situation where your only slot threat twists and ankle and you don't have another guy to play that spot.

I'd rather have a guy like McKenzie in a Cohen/Grant "gadget" role and have the flexibility to use him as my primary slot WR when I want/need to than having my hand forced.

Just my 1 cent.

Agree. The way Kyle Shanahan used Taylor Gabriel is how I described it. He played in the slot, caught bubble screens, but he'd also line up at running back and catch passes out of the backfield and they'd run sweeps, reverses, even the odd bit of traditional stretch zone with him.

My suggestions elsewhere was sign Thomas if Houston cut him. Draft a guy early and have your two primary personnel groups as:

Thomas and rookie outside with McKenzie in the slot; or

Rookie and Foster outside with DT playing inside as a big slot.

That way you are essentially asking McKenzie and Foster to split the 3rd starting job. Doesn't mean I wouldn't try and add complimentary slot guy too if I could but finding someone impactful for a fair and reasonable price might be tricky.

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:32 AM, GunnerBill said:

The story today does seem to be that Wilkes is out in Arizona. Which gives Josh Rosen a much better chance of turning his career around.

How so?  Wilkes was a defensive coach.  And someone was telling me that they had Byron Leftwich, who as supposed to be some sort of QB guru.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

How so?  Wilkes was a defensive coach.  And someone was telling me that they had Byron Leftwich, who as supposed to be some sort of QB guru.

Wilks is hopeless, out of his depth and as a result the team looks badly coached, badly prepared and an absolute mess. That affects all elements of a team from top to bottom and you only have to watch a single Arizona game to see it. 

As for Leftwich - there is nothing to say whether he is good or bad. The one thing for sure is it isn't his offense, it is Mike McCoy's. That's right - three firings in three years - that Mike McCoy. When teams fire offensive coordinators in season there are only very minor tweaks a new coordinator can make to a playbook because there simply isn't time to scrap it and start again. It was the same for Anthony Lynn here. It was Greg Roman's offense, Lynn improved things by having fewer plays in the playbook each week and being a more decisive play caller. It wasn't his offense though.

Look, Josh Rosen needs to play better. No question about it. But if you think the coaching in Arizona has been anything other than the absolute worst in the league I think you should watch them some more. Clown show. I am not saying a change in coaching WILL make Rosen better, I am saying with THIS coaching he has no chance.