All 22: Evaluating Teller pass blocking 1st half v Jets

Bocephuz

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

Nor am I. I'd prefer the Bills get leaner and quicker at all spots on the OL. I don't want any more slugs.

If OBD wants to go offense or defense and if they feel that the BPA just is not worth a top 10 pick, I am all for them trading down a bit in the first and picking up some extra picks. I think the upcoming draft is pretty deep with both WR and o-line talent that are pretty close potential-wise - there are more than a few top-end TE's too. Look what Ebron is doing in Indy. Not sure how as I don't watch enough of their games, but Detroit really pooped the bed in how they used this kid.

I was high on Ebron when he was drafted going to a team with Stafford at QB - thought it was an ideal situation and that he was going to be a stud. I ended up wondering why he didn't pan out, I have been wrong plenty of times before and some kids that shine in college fail in the pros - it happens. Although he caught plenty of passes, he only  managed 11 TD's in 4 years, not even close to what I thought he was capable of producing. 

Now with Indy with Frank Reich as their coach (is it too early to start talking about Marchibroda - coaching tree  ) Ebron already has 12 TD's. Sometimes it really is how a player is used, if he has the talent and is willing to work on getting better. I can guarantee that Luck is glad to have him.

Everyone is high on Fant in this draft, but he has had his share of injuries already, and the Iowa coaches tended to rely more on T.J. Hockenson down the stretch and their comments leaned towards the fact they felt he had a more complete game - especially being able to block as well as being a receiving threat. Some feel if he declared he may be the better option.

There were some speculation that Fant also gets the drops, but for the life of me I cannot find a site that provides college receiver target and drops. Although a bit subjective, one would think there would be a concerted effort to provide this metric. Having an idea of how soft a prospects hands are, in my mind, should be right up there with 40 times. I did find a site that provided NFL stats on team drops per pass attempts. The Bills are just barely behind Arizona for having the worst number of drops per attempt - might want to correct that with receivers that have reliable hands.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, WideNine said:

If OBD wants to go offense or defense and if they feel that the BPA just is not worth a top 10 pick, I am all for them trading down a bit in the first and picking up some extra picks. I think the upcoming draft is pretty deep with both WR and o-line talent that are pretty close potential-wise - there are more than a few top-end TE's too. Look what Ebron is doing in Indy. Not sure how as I don't watch enough of their games, but Detroit really pooped the bed in how they used this kid.

I was high on Ebron when he was drafted going to a team with Stafford at QB - thought it was an ideal situation and that he was going to be a stud. I ended up wondering why he didn't pan out, I have been wrong plenty of times before and some kids that shine in college fail in the pros - it happens. Although he caught plenty of passes, he only  managed 11 TD's in 4 years, not even close to what I thought he was capable of producing. 

Now with Indy with Frank Reich as their coach (is it too early to start talking about Marchibroda - coaching tree  ) Ebron already has 12 TD's. Sometimes it really is how a player is used, if he has the talent and is willing to work on getting better. I can guarantee that Luck is glad to have him.

Everyone is high on Fant in this draft, but he has had his share of injuries already and Iowa, and the Iowa coaches tended to rely more on T.J. Hockenson down the stretch and their comments leaned towards the fact they felt he had a more complete game - especially being able to block as well as being a receiving threat. Some feel if he declared he may be the better option.

There were some speculation that Fant also gets the drops, but for the life of me I cannot find a site that provides college receiver target and drops. Although a bit subjective, one would think there would be a concerted effort to provide this metric. Having an idea of how soft a prospects hands are, in my mind, should be right up there with 40 times. I did find a site that provided NFL stats on team drops per pass attempts. The Bills are just barely behind Arizona for having the worst number of drops per attempt - might want to correct that with receivers that have reliable hands.

I looked up Williams profile and he's much more athletic/lean than I assumed, but I'm still leary. This seems like the perfect draft to trade down, especially if Herbert is still there when he happen to pick.

On the flipside, I'm a huge Josh Allen(Kentucky) fan and view him as a 95% gonna be a stud prospect. People may get upset if we go defense, but this defense is not elite and in need of an edge rusher. If Allen is the BPA and there's no great trade offers, just take him. Go offense the next 3 rounds.

8 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I looked up Williams profile and he's much more athletic/lean than I assumed, but I'm still leary. This seems like the perfect draft to trade down, especially if Herbert is still there when he happen to pick.

On the flipside, I'm a huge Josh Allen(Kentucky) fan and view him as a 95% gonna be a stud prospect. People may get upset if we go defense, but this defense is not elite and in need of an edge rusher. If Allen is the BPA and there's no great trade offers, just take him. Go offense the next 3 rounds.

I do think the Bills need to start thinking about shoring up the defense with some key vets aging, and folks talk about not drafting for need. If they stay put in the 1st, I am ok with them grabbing a defensive player if he is clearly the BPA, but then I would really expect to see some solid investment in the offensive line players, and receivers (who can catch a Josh Allen fast ball).

I would like the Bills to pick up some of the decent prospects this draft, but I think they could also do pretty well filling out their O-line needs with during Free Agency and having some proven vets may be a better option for this team at this time.

I don't generally get too worked up, unless the Bills go all in trading away a bunch of their picks for a "sure thing" - because there never is a sure thing.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I do think the Bills need to start thinking about shoring up the defense with some key vets aging, and folks talk about not drafting for need. If they stay put in the 1st, I am ok with them grabbing a defensive player if he is clearly the BPA, but then I would really expect to see some solid investment in the offensive line players, and receivers (who can catch a Josh Allen fast ball).

I would like the Bills to pick up some of the decent prospects this draft, but I think they could also do pretty well filling out their O-line needs with during Free Agency and having some proven vets may be a better option for this team at this time.

I don't generally get too worked up, unless the Bills go all in trading away a bunch of their picks for a "sure thing" - because there never is a sure thing.

You wan't a guarantee, buy a toaster. I don't need a toaster though.

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Is John Miller irredeemable? What happened to him? I thought he was going to be a solid pro. Is he in the wrong system or simply not good enough? 

I think he is done in Buffalo. Wouldn't shock me if he ended up playing solidly in another system somewhere for a couple of years but he needs a change of scenary and there is no argument for the Bills paying to keep him. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I think he is done in Buffalo. Wouldn't shock me if he ended up playing solidly in another system somewhere for a couple of years but he needs a change of scenary and there is no argument for the Bills paying to keep him. 

What system would be better suited for him? 

I was listening to a radio show talking about coaches and which position coaches are the most important. The person made the point that the OL coach is the most important coach and the most sought out. Coaching changes and system changes have been the bane of this fluctuating franchise.  

• Like (+1) 1