RUMOR: Benjamin Allbright Cites Conjecture that Brian Daboll Could Replace Marrone in Jacksonville

Midwest1981

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

I think you are likely overstating what his current status is. Someone could have him on their list but that doesn’t mean he’s suddenly the hot name out there

also- offense. Anyone with any offensive success shoots up lists. That’s why some of us argue that you snag the offensive mind as HC and then you can get a great and steady dc 

....apologize for confusion.....I was commenting on Albright thread bringing his name up as HC conversation regarding Jags......interestingly, his bio shows previous OC stints only as one year deals........wonder why?....doesn't give a guy much time to get established..........

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....apologize for confusion.....I was commenting on Albright thread bringing his name up as HC conversation regarding Jags......interestingly, his bio shows previous OC stints only as one year deals........wonder why?....doesn't give a guy much time to get established..........

No worries - I just think there’s a worth mention gap between instant head coach material and guy that might get rumored around an individual job by a lone reporter. Like if I post oldtimeaflguy might be considered that doesn’t thrust you to HC material.

I doubt it goes far or stretches to other teams, but maybe. Still a lot of football left. If allen looks solid he could get calls. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

No worries - I just think there’s a worth mention gap between instant head coach material and guy that might get rumored around an individual job by a lone reporter. Like if I post oldtimeaflguy might be considered that doesn’t thrust you to HC material.

I doubt it goes far or stretches to other teams, but maybe. Still a lot of football left. If allen looks solid he could get calls. 

....LMAO......."HC" for me means HARDLY CONSIDERED....except....for swabbing Upper Deck urinals.......:thumbsup:...