Bills vs. Jaguars All-22 Coaches Film Reviews

26CornerBlitz

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Ha! In anticipation of the haters rebuffs to Allen’s passing yardage, I, too, totaled up the passing yards we would have had w/o the penalties and came close to this number. I didn’t post my work cuz some of the yardage was from a SECOND PENALTY IN A ROW, negating (?) the first yardage..

Fair or not, the undisciplined play reflects on McDermott & Moron (sic).

Not to mention at least 3 drives would have been extended on 3rd down plays, two in Jax territory, creating more offensive opportunities for Allen and more scoring opportunities.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

The camera angle from the broadcast feed is comical. Allen appears to be buried by three defenders, and suddenly, a cruise missile darts out of the middle of the pile, for 75 yards.

i've watched that play 100 times trying to see his throwing motion/wind up and still can't see it.  how in the heck did he do that?  that throw made a believer out of me.

Frazier: "Sometimes, it is as simple as a mindset and an attitude change."

The Buffalo Bills have a top-five defense, but there were times on Sunday against the Jaguars when it looked mediocre, primarily defending the run. Buffalo surrendered 173 rushing yards out of 203 total yards to the visiting team, including 13 carries for 83 yards for their star running back, Leonard Fournette. The 8.2 yards per carry versus defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier’s gameplan was a surprise. “How long can we stick to the plan before we get it turned around in what we thought was going to be effective?” stated Frazier. Luckily, as he stated in his Monday press conference, the offense “put them in a good position,” by getting an early lead, which gave the staff time to tweak some things late in the second quarter.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Frazier: "Sometimes, it is as simple as a mindset and an attitude change."

The Buffalo Bills have a top-five defense, but there were times on Sunday against the Jaguars when it looked mediocre, primarily defending the run. Buffalo surrendered 173 rushing yards out of 203 total yards to the visiting team, including 13 carries for 83 yards for their star running back, Leonard Fournette. The 8.2 yards per carry versus defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier’s gameplan was a surprise. “How long can we stick to the plan before we get it turned around in what we thought was going to be effective?” stated Frazier. Luckily, as he stated in his Monday press conference, the offense “put them in a good position,” by getting an early lead, which gave the staff time to tweak some things late in the second quarter.

This gave me the warm fuzzy feels - finally...we 1. made adjustments at halftime. period. like actual adjustments. 2. realized we were getting gouged in the run game, and schemed an adjustment THAT WORKED - while it makes sense this would happen on the defensive side of the ball, I'm thrilled to see us actually making pertinent and successful mid-game adjustments. Says a lot about the coaching staff we have and quite the departure from our previous attempts. Once Allen develops with more consistency and confidence, I'd like to see this happen on offense as well - not exactly needed in Sunday's game with the offense actually moving.

Edited by ctk232

Just now, ctk232 said:

This gave me the warm fuzzy feels - finally...we 1. made adjustments at halftime. period. like actual adjustments. 2. realized we were getting gouged in the run game, and schemed an adjustment THAT WORKED - while it makes sense this would happen on the defensive side of the ball, but I'm thrilled to see us actually making pertinent and successful mid-game adjustments. Says a lot about the coaching staff we have and quite the departure from our previous attempts. Once Allen develops with more consistency and confidence, I'd like to see this happen on offense as well - not exactly needed in Sunday's game with the offense actually moving.

You could actually see some of the adjustments in-game.  They had to do something. 

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You could actually see some of the adjustments in-game.  They had to do something. 

I do remember seeing them shift Star more, and the under front with Phillips - I posted elsewhere that I was curious exactly how much of the second half success in stopping the run was due to the Fournette ejection and Norwell injury/OL problems, but I'm pleased to see that at least the initial success in the third quarter was due to schematic adjustments. Bodes well for when we face actually well-balanced offenses as we will need to adjust to more than one issue in all likelihood.

Subscription required for full access:

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — Last we saw Josh Allen, the Bills were 2-3 and hanging tight with a tough Texans team down in Houston. That’s when, late in the third quarter, Allen ripped a 39-yard pass between two defenders to Kelvin Benjamin. But while throwing, he took a hit to his throwing elbow that resulted in a sprained ligament and a four-game absence.

On Sunday, Allen returned to the lineup against a talented but underperforming Jaguars defense. He did so after getting a chance to spend five weeks watching Derek Anderson and Matt Barkley handle themselves in meeting rooms and on the field.

“I feel like I’m more prepared as a quarterback than I’ve ever been in my entire life,” Allen said leading up to the game.

It showed in a 24-21 win in which Allen completed eight of his 19 passes for 160 yards and a touchdown while adding 99 rushing yards and a touchdown.

“Well, he helped us score points and he took care of the football,” offensive coordinator Brian Daboll said. “There’s plays we have to be better on, but I love the energy that he brought. Competitive. Got to be smart and know when to get out of bounds, but made plays with his legs, made plays with his arm. Certainly, there are plays and throws that we’d like to have back, but he had a good game. We have to build off that and be better next week.”

Allen certainly had his ups and downs, but this game was his most inspiring of the season. This week, with the help of former University at Buffalo quarterback Joe Licata, we break down some of Allen’s best moments and a few he should learn from moving forward.