KC vs. LAR vs. 1992 Bills vs. SF No Punt Game

Billsfan1972

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

The Bills should have been ready, we played the Giants in Week 15 that same season and beat them. Ironically enough that game Phil Sims got hurt, one has to wonder if the Giants would have still won the Super Bowl with Phil starting over Hostetler.

And so did Kelly.  Led touchdown drives the first two possessions and the Bills dominated and then injured.  Was there and pouring rain.  The Bills were infinitely better just not ready for all the distractions surrounding the Superbowl and only 1 week to prepare.  

Won't convince me otherwise...... Lol.....

10 hours ago, dorquemada said:

This was pre- WWW days, but there was a bills fan group on Usenet then (alt.sports.football.pro.buffalo-bills?? if memory serves) that was very active, and yes, people were mad about the lack of defense.  I mean everyone went nuts about the game but the sober olds (I was a young lad attending the University of Alabama at the time) warned the young turks that the soft D would be the death of the team's super bowl aspirations.  The wounds were still fresh from the Giants controlling the clock almost 2:1 in SB 25, so they weren't wrong then, and it's not wrong now to bemoan the lack of D.  I'm left wondering though if today's Bills D could slow down the LA Rams or KC. 

The death of them in that Super Bowl was them being out partying all week beforehand.

On 11/21/2018 at 8:47 AM, Billsfan1972 said:

The Giants SB loss I blame 100% on that year there being only a one week gap from the Championship game to the SB and the Bills being euphoric (and full of themselves) over their demolition of the Raiders (was at that game).  The Bills were unprepared for the SB and all the media and expectations of the Bills who compounded it by having too much fun that week and Levy not doing a great job supervising them.  

An extra week and all would have been fine.

there really wasn't much to be proud about in the AFC those 13 years

even the bookend SB wins (around those 13 years) by the AFC were upsets