McyD a coach of the year candidate?

Hebert19

3 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Thought I'd bring this one back up.  And again.  No I dont think hes even close to the coach of the year.  But I think hes closer to that than being fired as a few on here implied.  And I'm not alone.  

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2018/12/18/power-rankings-nfl-buffalo-bills-rise-as-far-as-six-spots-in-week-16-josh-allen-sean-mcdermott/amp/

He's closer to being Sportswoman of the Year than he is to being fired.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/16/2018 at 5:15 PM, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

CBSsports power rankings guy says "McDermott is doing phenomenal as a coach with the talent he has"

Not sure how I feel about having that said on 2-7 team if I believe it. Means without having the coach of the year good god we're horrible.. I want a medium: rookie coach improvong not perfect. Roster improving not perfect.

Prior to the season, everywhere you looked, analysts were predicting us to be the worst team in the league due to our terrible WRs and OL mixed with a rookie QB and sweet nate Pete.  55+ mill in dead cap.  We all knew this.  We were waiting for this upcoming offseason and our 85+ mill cap room and 10 draft picks to fill out Josh’s allens supporting cast.  

Picked to finsh last.  Finished much better than that and found possible core players in UDFA Foster and Levi Wallace, waiver claim McKenzie and late round picks Teller and  Johnson.  Looks like we’ve found our QB.  It wasn’t a great season and McDermott shouldn’t be a CoY candidate but I’m happy with this season all things considered.  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, NewEra said:

Prior to the season, everywhere you looked, analysts were predicting us to be the worst team in the league due to our terrible WRs and OL mixed with a rookie QB and sweet nate Pete.  55+ mill in dead cap.  We all knew this.  We were waiting for this upcoming offseason and our 85+ mill cap room and 10 draft picks to fill out Josh’s allens supporting cast.  

Picked to finsh last.  Finished much better than that and found possible core players in UDFA Foster and Levi Wallace, waiver claim McKenzie and late round picks Teller and  Johnson.  Looks like we’ve found our QB.  It wasn’t a great season and McDermott shouldn’t be a CoY candidate but I’m happy with this season all things considered.  

I've been critical of McDermott (not overly) throughout much of the season, but I think this is about as fair as an assessment one could give.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1