California wildfires

Jon in Pasadena

6 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Again wrong wrong wrong.  Yes, who the ***** am I?  I'm fighting the "experts" on this but again the majority, the VAST majority of homes and property burned in CA wildfires are scrub and brush and not forests.  So thinning the the forests of dead tress (though helpful) will not do much to save homes and property damaged in our annual fires.  We call it "fire season" for a reason. 

Yeah... The houses were the fuel.  They needed to be thin.  Duh!

17 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Why?  Seriously if people, like us, want to live in a potential danger zone  because we love it here why thin it?  

True.  Then go it alone.  Ask for no help, receive no help.

17 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Why?  Seriously if people, like us, want to live in a potential danger zone  because we love it here why thin it?  

Sorry for double quote... Ooops LoL... Went through twice.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

4 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Gee how compassionate. Every state in the union has potentials for some type of disaster. But people choose to live there for many reasons one of which is they love it. So if disaster strikes I will gladly have my tax dollars go to help them. That’s what we do. 

Anyway the burn areas are expecting 4” of rain over the next couple days. Expect the news to be all about mud slides. 

Edited by Chef Jim

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Gee how compassionate. Every state in the union has potentials for some type of disaster. But people choose to live there for many reasons one of which is they love it. So if disaster strikes I will gladly have my tax dollars go to help them. That’s what we do. 

Anyway the burn areas are expecting 4” of rain over the next couple days. Expect the news to be all about mud slides. 

If?  Not if, but: When.  I can see the first time, maybe give them a second chance, but after that, how mighty liberal of you throwing good money away on emotional causes for those who lack common sense.

11 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

If?  Not if, but: When.  I can see the first time, maybe give them a second chance, but after that, how mighty liberal of you throwing good money away on emotional causes for those who lack common sense.

So everyone along the gulf coast and east coast who can be in the path of a hurricane every year lack common sense?  Everyone in the Midwest that can be flattened by a tornado lack common sense?  Everyone in the northeast that could be buried under snow or lose power to an ice storm lack commons sense?  No we risk these things because we’ve always lived here, our families have lived here for generations or we just can’t see ourselves living anyplace else. 

11 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

So everyone along the gulf coast and east coast who can be in the path of a hurricane every year lack common sense?  Everyone in the Midwest that can be flattened by a tornado lack common sense?  Everyone in the northeast that could be buried under snow or lose power to an ice storm lack commons sense?  No we risk these things because we’ve always lived here, our families have lived here for generations or we just can’t see ourselves living anyplace else. 

Happy Thanksgiving.

Oh... Give me a break... This is flat out wrong.  Maybe two, three generations at best.  Then NOT even one generation at these wacky unsustainable, liberal tree-hugging, eviros levels.

All things point to that this ("Camp Fire") horrible fire was caused by the power company.  Not a speck left of houses left! But trees, some not even burnt by the rubble of spent houses without a speck left.

It's like a Woody Guthrie song:

"Oh, if you ain't got the do re mi, folks, you ain't got the do re mi,
Why, you better go back to beautiful Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Georgia, Tennessee.
California is a garden of Eden, a paradise to live in or see;
But believe it or not, you won't find it so hot
If you ain't got the do re mi.

You want to buy you a home or a farm, that can't deal nobody harm,
Or take your vacation by the mountains or sea.
Don't swap your old cow for a car, you better stay right where you are,
Better take this little tip from me.
'Cause I look through the want ads every day
But the headlines on the papers always say:

If you ain't got the do re mi, boys, you ain't got the do re mi,
Why, you better go back to beautiful Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Georgia, Tennessee.
California is a garden of Eden, a paradise to live in or see;
But believe it or not, you won't find it so hot
If you ain't got the do re mi."

No... Wrong.  Since the Dust Bowls, jet travel, etc... Population has exploded.  The last great (in classic sense) migration in America was in the 1930s.  We managed forests half-way decent to the 1990s.  Not the best... But it was sustainable for the people added.  Along come the "environmentalists" to replace the "conservationists." BOOM!  The 1980s & 1990s & beyond!  FORWARD!

Embedded in a fire zone... Adding more fuel to the fire, making the potential calamity worse by every person added, every structure built, etc... Can't even compare to the other "games of chance" people in other areas are exposed to.

This is human caused.  CAUSED.  NOT by global warming, but by people themselves living their lives embedded in an over-populated area that can't sustain the numbers, the fuel added and the ignition sources.

People... Don't cause hurricanes & tornados.  That's a game of chance.  People cause fires or at the very least... Add their fuel (human trappings) to the fire.

The forest would have been just fine without the droves of people added to the area.  The fire would have been lessened if caused by natural ignition source(s) AND lack of unwise humans. The forest NEEDS the fire for growth. But, doesn't need the mudslides caused by human development. (Now... We have rain on an "over-fired" area CAUSED by humans.)

This is just like the Dust Bowls.  The fires are just like the Dust Bowls.  The First Nations, Natives knew not to live this stupidly. Yet... A lot of Cali was settled by displaced from the Dust Bowls... Were do we send them know?

Again... Happy Thanksgiving... Nice stretch.  Your take on this is very liberal-esque!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois