Peterman Pick after early hit on Zay Jones?

1 minute ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Yes it was. The ball hit the line man's hand. They showed a close up of it. Didn't change the flight of the ball much but it Def hit the hand 

Whether the ball was tipped is irrelevant to this discussion.  Whether it was tipped is relevant if the call is going to be pass interference - can't have interference if it was tipped.   There is no such exception to the defenseless receiver rule.   It doesn't have anything to do with whether the receiver would have or might have caught the ball, it doesn't have anything to do with whether the tip messed up the timing of the defender's hit.   The rule is that the defender can't drive himself into the receiver in a way that's likely to cause injury when the receiver is in the process of making a play on the ball.  The rule was violated and the penalty should have been called, except for the reasons I gave above.  

29 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You can claim that all you'd like.  I watched it over again. A tipped ball would have negated all of the talk about contact within 1 yard of the LoS. The officials never discussed a tipped pass because it wasn't. 

Say whatever you want. The announcers saw it. I saw it. Other people saw it. The ball WAS touched by defensive linemans finger before it got to the receiver wasn't much but it was touched. Cool the refs didn't say it. Doesn't mean it didn't happen. The refs didn't say Peterman was hit in the head either did that not happen too. 

If anyone has nfl app watch the bills bears highlights at 1:27 they show hicks brushing the ball and the ball start to dip after. The announcers also comment on it. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
Found proof

13 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Whether the ball was tipped is irrelevant to this discussion.  Whether it was tipped is relevant if the call is going to be pass interference - can't have interference if it was tipped.   There is no such exception to the defenseless receiver rule.   It doesn't have anything to do with whether the receiver would have or might have caught the ball, it doesn't have anything to do with whether the tip messed up the timing of the defender's hit.   The rule is that the defender can't drive himself into the receiver in a way that's likely to cause injury when the receiver is in the process of making a play on the ball.  The rule was violated and the penalty should have been called, except for the reasons I gave above.  

This is similar to the play when benjamin was hit in the head a few weeks ago. Similar explanation could be given here. This has even more reasons why it was legal. Within a yard he can be considered a blocker you can destroy a blocker on a blitz why can't you destroy a receiver that's blocking?  IF it was tipped( up for debate) the defender has every right for the ball and can hit the receiver if he going for it. The play was legal any way you look at it.

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Peterman got hit in the head twice. Both no calls. I’ve never seen that not called in the NFL. And it happened twice.

Snakebit.

He also got a gift with a phantom facemask call on a sack on a second and 30 play. Instead of 3rd and 32, they got a first and subsequently their only td. Goes both ways.