Fixing the Bills offense

• Draft or Sign Mobile Offensive lineman able to pull block in space and trap block.
  • Sign or Draft Wide Receivers who can get open and create space and stretch the field.
  • Draft or Sign a old fashion TE who can line block and can catch anything.
  • Design a offense around Allen with roll outs, screen plays, sweeps, play action passes, men in motion, stack wide-outs to create space.

Having a mobile QB sit in the pocket is dumb, easy to set up a defensive game-plan. lots a movement shakes up a defense and creates open players.

Edited by Tatonka68
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:
  • Draft or Sign Mobile Offensive lineman able to pull block in space and trap block.
  • Sign or Draft Wide Receivers who can get open and create space and stretch the field.
  • Design a offense around Allen with roll outs, screen plays, sweeps, play action passes.

Only issue is how they handle the draft given our pick selection. Chances we land both an OL (assuming Little given our current record), and NHarry seem slim at best, while we still could use both desperately. I know there's also AJ as far as the WR conversation goes, but NHarry would likely be a better fit for an offense with an inaccurate QB. NHarry just has the catch radius to become Allen's best friend, enough to make me consider the 1st round pick on him for our young QB. Talks appear to have NHarry creeping up the boards into the 1st round from the 2nd however, presenting an issue.

While I believe every team should be built from the lines out, I'd be incredibly tempted not to select a BPA generational talent like Oliver/Bosa with a top 5 pick, or trade back to land NHarry and other interior OL/tackles in the late first early second rounds.

5 hours ago, Seoul_panther said:

Thanks for posting these btw - the take on Daboll's offense, while a surface opinion in the article is an interesting read. And the fact that while we could easily upgrade the LTackle position over Dawkins, he's by no means a barely serviceable option there and could easily hold his own at the position. The cornerstones of an offensive foundation are there, while not standout, Allen, Zay, and Dawkins are the young future of the offense should all go well. 

Edited by ctk232
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tatonka68 said:
  • Design a offense around Allen with roll outs, screen plays, sweeps, play action passes, men in motion, stack wide-outs to create space.

Having a mobile QB sit in the pocket is dumb, easy to set up a defensive game-plan. lots a movement shakes up a defense and creates open players.

I'm all about the first bullet - though I'd add pass pro.  

Mediocre RBs can be productive if the OL gives them holes to run through.

Mediocre QBs can be productive if the OL gives them  time in a clean pocket.  

Mediocre WRs can get separation if given enough time.

As bad as our WRs have been, I think this offseason needs to be all about the offensive line.  (Though a top-notch WR would be a great bonus).  

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, the skycap said:

An immediate fix would be to bring in Kaepernick. They can run the RPO which will allow McCoy to get going a la Tyrod.

Still believe he was always a better back up option than McCarron, Peterman, Anderson, and now Barkley. I get some people on here disagree for non-football reasons, but I'm all for it.