Andy Benoit: Brady vs. Rodgers and the Art of Great Quarterbacking

Who's the Better QB?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the Better QB?

IMO Rodgers can do anything Brady can do as far as working from the pocket is concerned. Brady does not have Rodgers mobility (including his ability to make any throw on the run). So I think Rodgers is the better QB, has a more diverse skillset and is less the product of a system (albeit the most successful system in recent memory). 

They are both great competitors. 

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Knowing Brady(in the public sense of knowing someone), I think that was somewhat sarcastic.

Tom Brady is an arrogant SOB which is a terrific trait for an NFL QB.

Edited by LSHMEAB

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

Knowing Brady(in the public sense of knowing someone), I think that was somewhat sarcastic.

Tom Brady is an arrogant SOB which is a terrific trait for an NFL QB.

I think they both share that trait.  You know deep down each thinks they're the best.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

I think they both share that trait.  You know deep down each thinks they're the best.

Right, which is why Rodgers qualified his statement with "most" arguments.

It'll be an interesting game to watch for sure.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

How so?

leadership, the guy can't stand losing, looks like a douche doing so at times, but his teammates will follow his lead

mechanics, flawless footwork and throwing motion

Pocket presence, he knows how to move within the pocket, resets and fires to the open guy like no other QB.

Doesn't commit turnovers when hit, sans the tuck fumble, the guy gets hit hard but he rarely fumbles.

I rather watch Rodgers play, but Brady is better, IMO.

Just now, Fixxxer said:

leadership, the guy can't stand losing, looks like a douche doing so at times, but his teammates will follow his lead

mechanics, flawless footwork and throwing motion

Pocket presence, he knows how to move within the pocket, resets and fires to the open guy like no other QB.

Doesn't commit turnovers when hit, sans the tuck fumble, the guy gets hit hard but he rarely fumbles.

I rather watch Rodgers play, but Brady is better, IMO.

From a QB perspective there's nothing Brady does better than Rodgers, but there are aspects to Rodgers game that Brady simply can't do. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

From a QB perspective there's nothing Brady does better than Rodgers, but there are aspects to Rodgers game that Brady simply can't do. 

Maybe, but Brady is more consistent in what he does, at times he makes it look easy, because his mechanics are consistent, because his footwork is conistent, because he rarely misreads a defense.

5 minutes ago, Fixxxer said:

Maybe, but Brady is more consistent in what he does, at times he makes it look easy, because his mechanics are consistent, because his footwork is conistent, because he rarely misreads a defense.

They are both great, but Rodgers has the better career completion % and the better TD/INT ratio with lesser teams and worse coaching.  

On 11/1/2018 at 8:31 AM, PearlHowardman said:

Had either Tom Brady or Aaron Rogers become a Buffalo Bill they would have lasted 1-2 seasons before the Bills coaching staff completely ruined them.

Think about that when judging Josh Allen.

:ph34r: 

Good QB’s make the coach, not the other way around. Those Chan Gailey teams had enough talent that they would have been a perennial wild card team with an all time great QB. Add an elite #1 WR to those Gailey or Jauron teams and they’re probably a Superbowl contender in any given year.

...so they would have been kind of like the Packers, usually mediocre rosters, sometimes good rosters, but always mediocre coaching held up by a great QB.

Get the QB right, the rest will follow.

Edited by eanyills