Matt Barkley Coming to town

Reed83HOF

9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

McCarron isn’t “established” and doesn’t have a “track record”... he had to prove himself and he didn’t. There was a reason he was still available late in FA and signed for peanuts.

This is just silly. Of course he has a track record as a more than serviceable NFL backup QB.  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/McCaA.00.htm  Of course, that's what Derek Anderson used to be, but McCarron is not 35 years old; he's 28. 

Limited action, yes, but in that action: 64.7% completion percentage. QB rating of 93.6. And he even had (where have we seen this before?) some excellent performances in the preseason. He is what he is, but right now that is considerably ahead of where Josh Allen is, and light years ahead of where Nathan Peterman is. 

Why can't people see the obvious gap between "any team that names AJ McCarron its starter is not a serious competitor" and "any team that names Nathan Peterman its starter is a total joke"?

On 10/30/2018 at 4:18 PM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Il own up to it that the year we took EJ, I wanted Barkley. I was wrong about Barkley being good but I wasn’t wrong about wanting anyone over EJ. At least this guy is capable of throwing passes in an NFL game without the stadium almost burning down. Peterman can’t play Sunday. Idk what these coaches are thinking.

I wanted them to take Barkley too. So what have we learned?

1. That the 2013 NFL QB draft class was one of the worst in history. EJ, Geno, Glennon, Barkely, Nassib, Tyler Wilson, Landry Jones, Brad Sorensen (who?), Zac Dysert, BJ Daniels (is that a made-up name)?

2. That EJ Manuel actually did turn out to be the best in that class, but only because the bar was set so low.

The weird thing to me is this: why not just bring EJ back?  He's clearly done more than Barkley. Is there some unwritten rule about not doing that?

23 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Hey, somebody else watched CBS this morning on Sunday. 

Ha. Actually, I didn't, but my wife is a huge, I mean HUGE, conissuer of old movies, including all the old horror genre ones, so I learned it from seeing some of those movies over the years.

15 hours ago, teef said:

No ***** professor. And every time the name Frankenstein is brought up, there’s always that one guy in the crowd that can’t wait to impart this knowledge on the crowd like they’re truly on point with the literature. Next time I’ll call it the monster of dr. Frankenstein if that makes you happy.

Geesh. Lighten up, Francis.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, T master said:

Yet another blunder at the QB position due to earlier blunders its kind of like the plumber credo S**T roles down hill ! 

But it doesn't stop until it hits the bottom !! 

As of right now, it doesnt matter who we get. We just need warm bodies to man the position. I agree with Simon's thoughts that Allen should not play at all for the rest of the year. Considering what is going on with injuries, you dont want him to continue getting beaten up. 

3 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

This is just silly. Of course he has a track record as a more than serviceable NFL backup QB.  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/McCaA.00.htm  Of course, that's what Derek Anderson used to be, but McCarron is not 35 years old; he's 28. 

Limited action, yes, but in that action: 64.7% completion percentage. QB rating of 93.6. And he even had (where have we seen this before?) some excellent performances in the preseason. He is what he is, but right now that is considerably ahead of where Josh Allen is, and light years ahead of where Nathan Peterman is. 

The weird thing to me is this: why not just bring EJ back?  He's clearly done more than Barkley. Is there some unwritten rule about not doing that?

I agree on both these points. Trading AJM was a huge mistake as, despite the disparities in TC performance, they should have kept the mildly competent AJM as a safety net. Esp considering the mistake in assessing Peterman last year, thinking his offseason performance will translate to real games was a huge mistake in personnel evaluation.

Secondly, I too had wondered a few weeks back why EJ is not brought in instead of Derek Anderson. This team seems to have a real hatred of EJ. As bad as he is, I am sure he is marginally better and more physically stout than the guys we have been bringing in.