BIlls want Shelton & a pick or swap 2nds

PIZ

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see Kemoeatu falling to the 4th Round, he's argueably the 3rd best OG behind Baas and Brown, I suspect he'd be taken in the mid 3rd. Though I'm not a fan because of his attitude problems and his size. As if reports of him playing at 344# are true e could be another Bennie Anderson. Personally if we're waiting until the 4th to take an OG I think Dan Buenning is the perfect choice.

285206[/snapback]

But the choice of Alex Smith in the 2nd is an excellent one.....

I don't know for sure.  I am not a draft expert like some.  I honestly thought he was a center or projected to be one in the pro's.

285214[/snapback]

He played most of his NCAA career at LG until he switched to center this past season and has shown he can play both positions well. If I were drafting him it be at LG inpart we're going to have a "rookie QB" adding a rookie Center to that could prove some disasterous results.

He played most of his NCAA career at LG until he switched to center this past season and has shown he can play both positions well. If I were drafting him it be at LG inpart we're going to have a "rookie QB" adding a rookie Center to that could prove some disasterous results.

285224[/snapback]

Okay, fair enough. I just was looking at him ro replace Teague. I understand not starting a rookie center and I believe it is fairly normal to play guard for a year or two.

But the choice of Alex Smith in the 2nd is an excellent one.....

285217[/snapback]

I'm not so sure we'd take a TE so high with Euhus still looking to prove himself. To me if Baas and Brown off the board I take a CB in Round 2 as could see someone like Corey Webster and/or Antonio Perkins and feel both could be great nickel CBs as rookies and potential replacements for Clements in 2005. In Rnd 3 I'd take the best available athlete but would look closely at O-line. After that fill the holes at backup RB (assuming Henry traded), DE depth and then best available athletes.