Players that need replaced in 2019 for the Bills to succeed?

PIZ

2 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I’ve laid out the case a few times that a “veteran QB” as the Bills and the media define it, is a waste of time.

It’s always some old, washed up back up that Bills had to talk out of retirement.,

It’s the first position I mentioned. 

The over arching need of the entire franchise. But are the Bills going to make a serious run at one in the Draft? 

Or are they going to sell us the virtues of a veteran QB? 

Tell that to the Eagles last year. 

On 10/25/2018 at 8:11 AM, PIZ said:

WR – Benjamin.  Terrible.

LG – Ducasse?  Seems more like a backup G to me.

C – Bodine?  Seems more like a backup center to me.

RB – McCoy.  I don’t expect him to be on the team in 2019.

RG – John Miller.  Need to get better here.

RT – Mills.  Need to get better here.

WR – Holmes.  Only OK at special teams.  Not a starter at WR.

(edit) QB - Peterman.  Anderson.  Not sure how I forgot this, but yes, probably both will not be on the roster next season.  We need a quality vet backup for Allen, and I would like to see another young guy that has some talent, to replace Peterman.

LB – Alexander.  Still a good player, but he is getting long in the tooth.

DT – Kyle Williams.  Retirement.

DE – Murphy.  Guy can’t stay healthy.

DE – Hughes.  Still a top player, but will he be traded?

CB – Gaines.  Need to get better here.

That is a ton of players.  Can the Bills fill these spots via FA and the draft?  Is it realistic to think the Bills can fill these spots with starters that will improve the team?  I think it is possible with the cap money ($91m) and draft picks (10 – below).

2019 draft picks:

Round 1original pick.

Round 2original pick.

Round 3: original pick.

Round 4original pick.

Round 4:  additional selection acquired from the Kansas City Chiefs as part of Reggie Ragland trade.

Round 5: original pick.

Round 5:  additional selection acquired from the Oakland Raiders as part of AJ McCarron trade.

Round 6original pick.

Round 7original pick.

Round 7:  additional selection acquired from the Carolina Panthers as part of Kevon Seymour trade.

Football is a 53 man roster with 22 starters. This is a perfect example of people having unrealistic expectations , you can't have a stud at every position. Miller , Mills , Ducass are playing average at least. Lorax is rated as one of the best edge defenders in the game. Guy is like fine wine, getting better with age.