Week 6 predictions: Bills at Texans

YoloinOhio

Week 6: @ Houston Texans

I posited last week that there are five factors of winning in the NFL: schemes, luck, passion, talent, and environment (listed in order of importance). I thought the Bills would beat the Titans because of a favorable blend of schemes, passion, luck, and environment. Coincidentally or not, it did happen—despite the talent gap—and at least for one week, my theory appears to have legs.

This week, it's another very hard game to call. I'm not sure who will have the edge in SCHEMES (the biggest factor of winning), but as long as Deshaun Watson does play, both TALENT and ENVIRONMENT go in Houston's favor. That means the Bills may only be able to rely on PASSION and hope for LUCK this week, and that's not a likely recipe for success. However, if the Bills can out-scheme Houston, they may be able to overcome the discrepancy and make it a game...

Three predictions:

1. The Bills will get a big jolt of LUCK when a big hit from a blitzing Tremaine Edmunds will knock Deshaun Watson out of the game.

2. Josh Allen will throw a touchdown pass to Kelvin Benjamin. This might not be a shocker to the general public, but it will be to Bills fans. This will go along with a better-than-expected day from Allen as he will actually put up respectable passing numbers despite the fearsome Texans pass rush. Here, I'm calling a SCHEMES advantage for the Bills.

3. Tre'Davious White will limit DeAndre Hopkins to less than 70 yards receiving. TALENT on TALENT, and White will win.

Result: Bills 17, Texans 10