Where are the Bills reporters?

Is Shelton ready to play?

From the Buffalo News:

283409[/snapback]

What I know and have seen of him, he would be fine as our LT considering his contract. We could keep Teague at C and draft a guard or center as our #2. I still wouldnt mind signing Anderson on the cheap. The problem with my own scenario, however, is that McNally and MM may very well think our young guys are pretty good and with a year of playing time they may be better than Anderson or even Shelton. If you make these trades and signings, the young guys ride the bench and you are still unsure about them. Still, I think the Bills make judgments on players as to what they think they are worth for the team vs. the money. They are not interested in just signing a flavor of the day player. This has been said before, but not as much as it needs to be: Most of the FA guys that were signed to play guard for all those millions (Whale, Rivera, Demulling, etc) were undrafted or 7th rounders.

What I know and have seen of him, he would be fine as our LT considering his contract. We could keep Teague at C and draft a guard or center as our #2. I still wouldnt mind signing Anderson on the cheap. The problem with my own scenario, however, is that McNally and MM may very well think our young guys are pretty good and with a year of playing time they may be better than Anderson or even Shelton. If you make these trades and signings, the young guys ride the bench and you are still unsure about them. Still, I think the Bills make judgments on players as to what they think they are worth for the team vs. the money. They are not interested in just signing a flavor of the day player. This has been said before, but not as much as it needs to be: Most of the FA guys that were signed to play guard for all those millions (Whale, Rivera, Demulling, etc) were undrafted or 7th rounders.

283455[/snapback]

Could TD be waiting for Big Mike to re-structure so he can finalize the deal (under the cap) with Shelton and, perhaps someone else?

Could TD be waiting for Big Mike to re-structure so he can finalize the deal (under the cap) with Shelton and, perhaps someone else?

283507[/snapback]

TD has said recently, and publicly, that we can sign virtually any player we want to (meaning those available for a few million, and not meaning guys like Pace). He can restructure MW anytime he wants. There is no incentive for MW NOT to restructure because he gets the same amount but more cash immediately. It's not a sacrifice to restructure. But if TD doesn't find the player he wants for the money he wants to spend, he doesn't need to restructure because it is less of a risk for the team in the long run.

Methinks that TD knows something that Travis doesnt...its clear that the Bills liked Shelton enough to bring him in for a trip and keep him here for two nights. I think that TD knows he can push Arizona around and get something else out of them. That and I think the Cards realize that getting Henry is the best deal out there for them, and will enable them to address their weak Defense in the Draft instead of being forced to take a RB.

The deal will hopefully get done soon...just for our sanity's sake.

Methinks that TD knows something that Travis doesnt...its clear that the Bills liked Shelton enough to bring him in for a trip and keep him here for two nights.  I think that TD knows he can push Arizona around and get something else out of them.  That and I think the Cards realize that getting Henry is the best deal out there for them, and will enable them to address their weak Defense in the Draft instead of being forced to take a RB. 

283589[/snapback]

That has been my conclusion too unless the Bills were truly unimpressed with Shelton.

Ever since the peerless price "deal" with Atlanta (not to mention the hardball victory TD had with Sam Adams)I have tried to be patient with Donahoe - which is why I do think he is squeezing Green's cajones for something "extra". If I force myself to guess - I think it will be a 5th rounder this year or a conditional 3rd or 4th rounder next year.

Green is probably offering a 7th rounder next year - no conditions

All of the Bills moves seem to be preparing for a Shelton trade (No OT signing, allowing jennings to leave, clearing cap space of Hey! ~ $3 mil, signing Burns).

The deal - if it happens - should take place no later than draft day -

This has been mentioned before but make note that the Cardinals have publicly announced their starting offensive line for the 2005 season. It does not include Shelton. This means they now have a $3 mil per year backup lineman.

There is no way they will keep Shelton under these circumstances.

This means the Cardinals must either trade Shelton or release him.

The Bills can use Travis and he's cheap and only signed for one year. We don't HAVE to do anything.

This puts the Bills in the drivers seat UNLESS Shelton is really really really good. But if he were THAT good, why hasn't anyone offered the Cardies a first day draft pick for him? Huh Huh?

If the Cardinals want anything other than a 4th rounder or Travis, they wil have to up the ante.

Travis can complain all he wants but he is OUR commodity. The Bills would STUPID to give him away.

283105[/snapback]

thank you for bringing some sense into the discussion.

Methinks that TD knows something that Travis doesnt...its clear that the Bills liked Shelton enough to bring him in for a trip and keep him here for two nights.  I think that TD knows he can push Arizona around and get something else out of them.  That and I think the Cards realize that getting Henry is the best deal out there for them, and will enable them to address their weak Defense in the Draft instead of being forced to take a RB. 

283589[/snapback]

Me thinks so, too. But the Cards don't need to make the trade any quicker than we do for all intents and purposes. If the Cards were smart, which they are not, they would make the Henry trade, draft a stud defensive player #1 and then take a JJ Arrington or one of the other good second round backs and play him behind Henry for a year. If they lose TH, they have his understudy with one year under his belt. If Travis is a stud for them, they have a good problem to have and a back-up in waiting.

Wherever Travis goes, I hope he takes some English as a second language classes at the local GED place.

"He wasn't going to be a backup and I ain't going to be no backup," Henry said. "They shipped Drew out of there. I want to be shipped out of there, point blank."

Is that a double or triple negative? Does that mean he is coming back? :lol:

Getting back to the original theme of this post, "Where are the Bills reporters?" Well, where?!!! TD's cloak n dagger dealings are great and suspenseful, but man, talk about a mushroom philosophy! Flying under the radar is great but it's a two edged sword for a Bills' fan. I personally would like a little more insight on the direction of this team. I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too.