School shooting in northern Minnesota

NavyBillsFan, I for one do not want to bust your balls either, and most likely owe you a debt of gratitude for your service to this country. Another area where I believe my tax dollars should go is to paying our armed services a decent wage, which I understand is not alwys the case.

Just scares me when someone blames the government or government conspiracies for socities ills. Like I said in my earlier posts, kids coming out of college today are so used to hearing" good job" all day long, when their work sucks, they are totally blown away when they hit the real world and no one is there to coddle them.

The problem is this country is we have lost our common sence. In an effort to be politically correct, we are afriad to let someone know their effort is not good enough. Liberals in this country will have you believe that inner city children should be judged to a differant standard , thereby lowering  the expectations of the children themselves. These kids grow up to believe the government owes them something, and as they can not be expected to perform, why even try.

Thats all I was saying, we all our responcible for our own actions

283628[/snapback]

Personal accountability. Plain and simple. If we could ever, in this world, collectively get people to recognize and accept the concept of personal accountability, civilization would likely advance at a ridiculous pace.

But we can't do that because if everyone would account for themselves and their actions, there would be no one to blame. And without someone to blame, we're just another stupid species.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just scares me when someone blames the government or government conspiracies for socities ills. Like I said in my earlier posts, kids coming out of college today are so used to hearing" good job" all day long, when their work sucks, they are totally blown away when they hit the real world and no one is there to coddle them.

283628[/snapback]

Good points... Couldn't agree more!

NavyBillsFan, I for one do not want to bust your balls either, and most likely owe you a debt of gratitude for your service to this country. Another area where I believe my tax dollars should go is to paying our armed services a decent wage, which I understand is not alwys the case.

The problem is this country is we have lost our common sence. In an effort to be politically correct, we are afriad to let someone know their effort is not good enough. Liberals in this country will have you believe that inner city children should be judged to a differant standard , thereby lowering  the expectations of the children themselves. These kids grow up to believe the government owes them something, and as they can not be expected to perform, why even try.

283628[/snapback]

I got your drift there. People..... Greed....... Politics. Our Government works and works just fine. The people running the show is were Im coming off on. GARBAGE! Plain and simple. Twist and bend the rules for themselves or some sleeze putting money in their pockets.

Greed, ME ME ME, is where this country stands. If WW2 happened today insted of 1945, we as a country would be DOOMED! Nobody is loyal to each other anymore. There is no brotherhood. We as civilians are just as bad. If a minority does not get their way or a white person is promoted insted of a black person its racism. There is no "Best man for the job", its now "Best Mix in the Workspace". The only minority in this country is the middle aged white male. Religion in schools, where our budget goes. You think your small town mayor care about your town? HELL NO, that guy is there so his buddy Gus gets the state contracts. When he get them, he overbudgets.... I can go on forever here Say what you want but its the truth. It goes with anything and everything. Everything and anything lands you in court with a lawsuit.

If you stop and just take a look around (News making drama/politics/crime/drugs/greed/rich/poor/education/religion/race) Its like one huge top spinning out of control.

We are no longer proud AMERICANS. We are proud INDIVIDUALS living in America....

So back to the shooting.

Here's this kid: smart, poor, overweight, no athletic abillity, bad skin, father committed suicide, mother institutionalized with brain damage, a loner, a discipline problem in school, into Goth, talking to his friends about voilence, living with his Grandfather and a "companion".

WTF - are they going to tell that NO ONE IN THE SCHOOL OR COMMUNITY SAW THE SIGNS BEFORE THIS KID CRACKED?

Parents of teens - listen to your kids, watch your kids, talk to your kids. And yes - be very concerned when they make threats to hurt you or anyone else. They are crying for help.

This just breaks my heart.

Surprised nobody's posted this yet...

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/03/22/school.shooting/index.html

That's two in Minnesota over the past few years - and none in the cities, only in the rural areas.

CW

282938[/snapback]

School shootings are pretty passe by now. Soon all our kids will be armed with flak-jaks for self-preservation.

The fact the kid was Chippewa (injun mass murderers?) didn't take me aback either.

What made me scratch my head is wondering whether or not the dude is eligible for execution under the new Supreme Court law?

School shootings are pretty passe by now. Soon all our kids will be armed with flak-jaks for self-preservation.

The fact the kid was Chippewa (injun mass murderers?) didn't take me aback either.

What made me scratch my head is wondering whether or not the dude is eligible for execution under the new Supreme Court law?

284024[/snapback]

That's right it did happen on the res... So all serious crimes are handled federally.

284024[/snapback]

My guess is no, since he's already dead.... :doh:

I hope it's just media sensationalizing, but this morning on the radio they said that oneof the "clues" was: He drew a picture of a skeleton and captioned it with something like, "Do the dance of death until they fill their boots with blood." :P He also "liked goth" 0:):doh: We try to teach kids not to stereotype and label people, but what's the first thing the media does in cases like this?

CW

The thing I find hilarious is that this fool kid thought he was a Nazi.

I'm sure he doesn't realize that if he had been around when the Nazis were, he would have been on a train heading for delousing.

284256[/snapback]

Great post

I'm ashamed that my countrymen are so historically illiterate.

But I'm not suprised.

Liberals have been running education for the better part of the last half century.

284502[/snapback]

Of course republicans have been in office for 33 of the past 53 years.

My guess is no, since he's already dead....  :lol:

I hope it's just media sensationalizing, but this morning on the radio they said that oneof the "clues" was: He drew a picture of a skeleton and captioned it with something like, "Do the dance of death until they fill their boots with blood."  :huh:  He also "liked goth" :lol:  ;)  We try to teach kids not to stereotype and label people, but what's the first thing the media does in cases like this?

CW

284150[/snapback]

Is he really. Some politicos I bet would beg to differ.