Get Cleveland on the phone NOW!!!

Begin opening trade talks with Cleveland on Travis Henry. See how much interest they would have for their 3rd rd (#67) pick. This might be reasonable for them. They apparently are not happy with Suggs and you know that they want to rid themselves of W. Green. If they don't find a valid talent in free agency, then their choices will start dwindling down to using that big, fat, juicy 1st rder (#3 overall). They got too many holes to fill and I'm sure Crennel would much rather trade down for more picks and use them on the defensive side of the ball.

There would be logic and several benefits from exploring this avenue.

a) Henry is a steal in contract $$$ and salary cap in comparison to E. James and S. Alexander.

b) I think Donahoe has been twisting the thumbscrews pretty good on Henry lately and if Travis had any kind of demands you can bet that they'll be dropped.

c) Speaking of thumbscrews, it's time to start applying them to old Denny Green. Let's see how good Fat Albert is at playing poker.

d) #67 is only the second pick in the 3rd round, close enough to being a 2nd rder for me.

e) Use the media to rekindle some interest and perceived value in Henry. It's called marketing.

It's just an idea but I do believe something has to be done with Travis, it's starting to get silly. Let's get something while we can before it starts getting really squirrely. I don't care if it's Arizona, Cleveland or even Miami, let's get er done!

They are reportedly interested in trading Jeff Faine... wouldn't that be something?

282965[/snapback]

To me that would be a good deal. I know a lot of people have said the word "Bust" but he's only been in the league a short time and would be a solid lineman when JM gets him.

Don't forget Romeo is the new HC over in Cleveland. He pretty much owned Travis for 4 years as the D coordinator in New England. Something tells me he isn't that impressed with Henry's skills.

283028[/snapback]

Didn't he pretty much own evryone?

Don't forget Romeo is the new HC over in Cleveland. He pretty much owned Travis for 4 years as the D coordinator in New England. Something tells me he isn't that impressed with Henry's skills.

283028[/snapback]

travis ran really well against NE last year - 98 yards against a tough defense in a losing effort.

If (IF) Arizona cuts Shelton on June 1st, and Buffalo signs him, calling for TD to give the Cards anything for him right now is going to seem kind of silly.

283146[/snapback]

You likely have to pay a lot more than 3 million a year for the next 4 years. If a stiff like Demulling got 2.5 to play guard, an average tackle will demand 5 easy. Look at Jennings.

You likely have to pay a lot more than 3 million a year for the next 4 years. If a stiff like Demulling got 2.5 to play guard, an average tackle will demand 5 easy. Look at Jennings.

283150[/snapback]

Good point. A trade for Shelton may be a good idea (I honestly don't know), but some people here seem to be in a bidding war with themselves - worst possible negotiating position. If he's worth more to another team, so be it. Doesn't mean it's the best plan for the Bills.

You guys fail to realize that Travis talks trash but was unwilling to sign a multiyear deal with Arizona.

282933[/snapback]

No recent media reports indicate this. I also believe that it is Travis holding up the trade with high contract expectations. I would like to see this addressed by TD, Travis or Arizona. I think Travis is trying to stir up the pot.