OT-Pats v Raiders to open MNF

And just how is it that the pathetic 5-11 Raider franchise gains the priviledge of a Monday Night game? ABC apparently learned nothing from their ratings disaster of last season that offered two Fish and three Cowboy appearances.

And just how is it that the pathetic 5-11 Raider franchise gains the priviledge of a Monday Night game? ABC apparently learned nothing from their ratings disaster of last season that offered two Fish and three Cowboy appearances.

282686[/snapback]

Yeah, but they traded for Randy Moss and signed Lamont Jordon! :lol:

Yeah, but they traded for Randy Moss and signed Lamont Jordon!  :lol:

282687[/snapback]

Yeah, that extra win for adding Moss puts them at 6-10. I now see the wisdom of ABCs strategy ;-)

well, for those of going to the Opener (to cook wings at Hammers!)

This IS information.

I now know we won't be opening the season (could be on the road of course) against the patriots (road or at home) , the Raiders (road) or Falcons (home)

well, for those of going to the Opener (to cook wings at Hammers!)

This IS information.

I now know we won't be opening the season (could be on the road of course) against the patriots (road or at home) , the Raiders (road) or Falcons (home)

282722[/snapback]

Deductive reasoning at its finest

:lol:

Yeah, that extra win for adding Moss puts them at 6-10. I now see the wisdom of ABCs strategy ;-)

282697[/snapback]

So you're sure that the Patriots will be better than the Raiders next season? I'm not. I see the gap closing between the Pats and the rest of the NFL in 2005.

So you're sure that the Patriots will be better than the Raiders next season? I'm not. I see the gap closing between the Pats and the rest of the NFL in 2005.

282726[/snapback]

If memory serves me, didn't the Texans open against Miami a couple of years ago, and upset them? Anything's possible. The Raiders could go into NE and beat them. But what difference will it make. We beat the living bejeesus out of them in our opener at home and all it did was propel them on their way to the Super Bowl.

If memory serves me, didn't the Texans open against Miami a couple of years ago, and upset them? Anything's possible. The Raiders could go into NE and beat them. But what difference will it make. We beat the living bejeesus out of them in our opener at home and all it did was propel them on their way to the Super Bowl.

282730[/snapback]

The Raiders will be able to take down the mighty Pats. The Pats have taken a lot of hits to their party train this offseason. There's a chance they will not be the same juggernaut next season.

The Raiders will be able to take down the mighty Pats. The Pats have taken a lot of hits to their party train this offseason. There's a chance they will not be the same juggernaut next season.

282741[/snapback]

I agree... I think that the loss of Weiss and Crennel is going to hurt the Pats alot.

282726[/snapback]

You're betting the natural cycle against a guy who's beat if for a couple of seasons.

IMO the strength of their team isn't in the players overwhelming opponents like some of the the dominant dynasties in league history but instead has been the ability of the strategy to teach and implement the strategy to players in many cases either very green or considered lesser talents by traditional methods of rating player ability. That indicates the smart money would not be on the Pats taking a dive due to the personell hits they're taking right now. On the other hand is the strategy either tied up to a significant degree in the performance of their coodinators or is it too reliant on keys that other teams might be breaking down now only to use to exploiut the Pats in coming years? Belichick sure seems to be in a good coaching rythym so I'd discount #2 there, so if you're relying on something hurting them I'd think the target of your confidence would probably be on the management side and the fact that good coordinators make Head Coahces into "geniuses".

On the Raiders- they're a team with no soul and the wheels have been coming off for a little while. It's hard for me to imagine some miscreant like Randy Moss coming into their current situation and doing much more than gaining some bad behavior press while the team continues to struggle. The Moss problem with any adversity in a mild blue collar media area like the Twin Cities will only be exacerbated in the Bay Area climate.

Hence my answer to your question would be that even a lot of the league gets better at competing against Belichick this season I wouldn't be betting any of my own money that the Raiders would be one of those teams.

Just a random question:

Is there a reason why they will announce just a couple of games now and then the entire schedule a couple of weeks later? I imagine the schedule is done if they annouce a couple of games, why not just announce the whole thing?? :lol:

Clements22 Posted Today, 09:58 PM

Just a random question:

Is there a reason why they will announce just a couple of games now and then the entire schedule a couple of weeks later? I imagine the schedule is done if they annouce a couple of games, why not just announce the whole thing?? 

Because it would make too much sense. We can't have that in sports.

AKC  Today, 08:03 PM Post #4 

Curfew Breaker

Group: Members

Member No.: 238

Because, unfortunately, the Raiders are one of the most popular teams in the NFL, even when they suck. Never mind that they can not sell out a home game without ABC or ESPN helping out with buyng up the remainder of their tix, so they will be on TV. While adding Moss will help the offense a lot, the Raiders traded away their best defensive player in Napolean Harris, to get him. Throw in the fact that that they cut Ray Buchanan, have a disgruntled Charles Woodson, and 2 over-the-hill DT's in Sapp & Washington, the Raiders D is just not that imposing.