Abandoning the RPO

1 minute ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Tried to get through the million post-game threads to see if anyone was talking about it. Why did we abandon the rpo? Were they afraid of exposing Allen to Matthews? They decided at one point to dial up a qb draw which is even more headscratching. 

Are you conflating RPOs with the read option?

Just now, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Tried to get through the million post-game threads to see if anyone was talking about it. Why did we abandon the rpo? Were they afraid of exposing Allen to Matthews? They decided at one point to dial up a qb draw which is even more headscratching. 

If it’s the play I’m thinking of, that QB draw would have worked if Ducasse and Miller knew WTF they were doing. That said, I agree that Daboll didn’t give Allen and the O many options vs. Pettine.

Minnesota game had a very "college like" feel to it with the offense.

In GB we looked like an offense trying to protect and reign in a rookie QB.

So I get what the OP is saying, and I missed it if it was there. I saw a few variation of the RB wheel/sometimes fake like the play Croom scored on, but not alot of the "tricky stuff", which seemed to give Allen a personal confidence in Minnesota. 

Some of that was throw-aways. Last week he scrambled if nobody was open, but yesterdag he threw the ball away. I still wonder if that was coached or just instinctual and he wasn't feeling it at Lambeau.