does this make sense?

Ok.....how's this. We're NOT re-signing Clements next year, right? He's too expensive. Clements/Henry to Cards for Shelton/ this years #1. Sound fair?

282074[/snapback]

Sound fair? Sounds insane. Right now, we can't get Shelton for Henry Alone. So this trade is saying that clements is worth a #1 pick AND THEN SOME (to make up the difference of Shelton/Henry.

Sound fair? Sounds insane. Right now, we can't get Shelton for Henry Alone. So this trade is saying that clements is worth a #1 pick AND THEN SOME (to make up the difference of Shelton/Henry.

282078[/snapback]

Or to put it another way, TD has probably not even received a first day draft pick as an offer for TH. At this point, he seems all but worthless.

So, Ariz would trade an early 1st round pick and a LT (with 3 reasonable years remaining on his contract) for NC, who will be a ufa after this season?

Not in a million years.

282078[/snapback]

That is the best avatar you have had up all year. :D Down with Stamos!

We'd gain a first round pick, but we'd lose our best starter in the secondary and would probably have to use that pick on his replacement.  I don't like it, even if it were to happen (which it probably would not).

282082[/snapback]

I think Clements will have another stellar year and price himself out of Buffalo. Shift Vincent to corner for this year and find another safety.

I think Clements will have another stellar year and price himself out of Buffalo. Shift Vincent to corner for this year and find another safety.

282095[/snapback]

Please don't shift Vincent to corner. He wasn't that impressive there last season. He was okay at safety, but nothing special.

Please don't shift Vincent to corner.  He wasn't that impressive there last season.  He was okay at safety, but nothing special.

282108[/snapback]

I agree totally with this statement. And he was nothing special at all.

282095[/snapback]

I also think he's gone. THe Bill's last 2 years of selecting offensive "skill" players in the draft comes back to haunt, perhaps...