RIP John DeLorean

I remember a very funny poster from way back when.

It was a pic of a Delorean (from the rear, slightly angled), covered w/ snow. The license plate said 'DEALER' & just to the left of it, was a bumper sticker w/ a Logo'd 'Coke' :D:lol:

He did invent the American "Muscle" car when,while working for GM, he designed the Pontiac GTO in the mid '60's. Sales exploded and the Big 3 started producing various classic muscle cars for the next several years.

The GTO is one of the greatest cars I ever rode in. My brother had a fire red '67 convertible which was the envy of the neighborhood.

He became notorious for other reasons later but the GTO made him a legend in car design history.

He did invent the American "Muscle" car when,while working for GM, he designed the Pontiac GTO in the mid '60's. Sales exploded and the Big 3 started producing various classic muscle cars for the next several years.

The GTO is one of the greatest cars I ever rode in. My brother had a fire red '67 convertible which was the envy of the neighborhood.

He became notorious for other reasons later but the GTO made him a legend in car design history.

281479[/snapback]

Growing up my dad had a '65 GTO....Oh man I loved that car. I still am like a kid in a candy store when I see one.

281479[/snapback]

Grand Tourismo Omologato. RIP Mr Delorean.

281479[/snapback]

The '67 GTO, black, hard top, is my fantasy car.

My father had one back in the day, said it'd pass everything but a Ford and a gas station.

281479[/snapback]

Photos:

http://www.hubcapcafe.com/ocs/pages01/pont6702.htm

They go for about 30K these days...

They're talking about John DeLorean, not Snake Plissken...

:doh:

282005[/snapback]

Oh yeah.

"Snake Plissken. I've heard of you........I heard you were dead."

One of Carpenter's best movies, along with the first Halloween and Assault on Precinct 13.