Opening a authentic Buffalo restaurant in Californ

Hi Everyone,

First off let's hope the Bills rock next year but I think we have about 2 years before J.P. gets eveything down and really puts everythig together.Not to worry about free agency TD has everything under control..I have notice some Bills fans want every free agent out there..sorry but remember about the CAP.I was born in Buffalo and graduated UB in 1982 and moved to Pasadena,Ca .I am going to open a restaurant with REAL Buffalo food sahlen's hotdogs,beef on wick,webers mustard,real buffalo chicken wings(I really need help here as I am having a had time getting the sauce correct) bought some Anchor Bar sauce but No way I can buy it as it is cost prohibitive.Any input on what I should serve or suggest any idea would be appreciated.I will have direct TV so that Bills and sabers game will always be on!!!

THANKS

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're in LA and you are going to open a restaurant featuring food from Buffalo?

No disrespect, but is there a market? When it comes to wings, people out here gather around and extol the virtues of Hooters or TGIFridays. You should do a fusion thing. Hot sauce poured over Mahi Mahi. Something like that.

You're in LA and you are going to open a restaurant featuring food from Buffalo?

No disrespect, but is there a market? When it comes to wings, people out here gather around and extol the virtues of Hooters or TGIFridays. You should do a fusion thing. Hot sauce poured over Mahi Mahi. Something like that.

280439[/snapback]

TGIFridays is what passes for good wings over there? Wow.

Hi Everyone,

First off let's hope the Bills rock next year but I think we have about 2 years before J.P. gets eveything down and really puts everythig together.Not to worry  about free agency TD has everything under control..I have notice some Bills fans want every free agent out there..sorry but remember about the CAP.I was born in Buffalo and graduated UB in 1982 and moved to Pasadena,Ca .I am going to open a restaurant with REAL Buffalo food sahlen's hotdogs,beef on wick,webers mustard,real buffalo chicken wings(I really need help here as I am having a had time getting the sauce correct) bought some Anchor Bar sauce but No way I can buy it as it is cost prohibitive.Any input on what I should serve or suggest any idea would be appreciated.I will have direct TV so that Bills and sabers game will always be on!!!

THANKS

280436[/snapback]

Hmmmnnn.......Beef on "Wick" and "Sabers"......you really have been out of Buffalo for a while.

Wing sauce is simple.....50/50 Frank's hot sauce and marjerine or butter.

If you are asking for advice here, I would say you must be Anglo or Jewish...or left the city at 4. No offense......what makes Buffalo food the best is the different choices from different backgrounds. You got the Sahlens though...good start, but you have to grill them. I say get some nice Polish and Italian sausage going....even some nice cold cuts...like the Bison/Battestoni/Rich's Cappecola and Salami......

LA is probably on the ball with the fact that there might not be a market out there. If you need a write off...fire away.

Dude, best of luck with that if you go through with it.  My advice is stay well away from the restaurant business.  I have seen many a people take a bath in that business.

280445[/snapback]

I for one can vouge for that on personal experience. A good recipe for wings is Franks Red hot sauce, and Liquid margarine. I think its 3parts hot sauce to 1 part margarine. Best thing to do in the restaurant busienss is try all your own food, if its no good, change it around. #1 ingredient to success is location, next is having a good product, next is keep your expenses as low as possible. Most important, figure out how to get people in your door! I opened a food business in 02, learned some things, and have since stayed away from the food business.

Hi Everyone,

First off let's hope the Bills rock next year but I think we have about 2 years before J.P. gets eveything down and really puts everythig together.Not to worry  about free agency TD has everything under control..I have notice some Bills fans want every free agent out there..sorry but remember about the CAP.I was born in Buffalo and graduated UB in 1982 and moved to Pasadena,Ca .I am going to open a restaurant with REAL Buffalo food sahlen's hotdogs,beef on wick,webers mustard,real buffalo chicken wings(I really need help here as I am having a had time getting the sauce correct) bought some Anchor Bar sauce but No way I can buy it as it is cost prohibitive.Any input on what I should serve or suggest any idea would be appreciated.I will have direct TV so that Bills and sabers game will always be on!!!

THANKS

280436[/snapback]

ARCADIA--WHY R U NOT OPENING IN NO CA???????????NOT FAIRRRRRRR!!!!!!

I'm going to yer restaurant next time im in SO CA.--please provide details

Hi Everyone,

THANKS

280436[/snapback]

PS--dont listen to the naysayers...Buffalo food --if pure Buffalo food--will be a huge hit in LA...forget the fusion,,,forget the nonsense---keeep it anchor bar/jimmy macs/teds like and you will have a winner-there are no buffalo restaurants in CA.....Put the Buffalo in the restaurant name.

Hi Everyone,

THANKS

280436[/snapback]

Did you check Buffalo Recipes in Recipes listed above?

http://www.twobillsdrive.com/cookbook/view...o%20Specialties

Beef on Weck including rolls as well as Chicken Wings. And French Onion Soup - the Turtle in Niagara Falls used to serve great French Onion Soup.

BTW there is a restaurant serving Buffalo cusine south of Long Beach and they show Bills games; you might want to check out competition.

MEETING PLACE: Wings 'N Things

ADDRESS: 18302 Beach Blvd, Huntington Beach, CA 92648

PHONE: (714) 848-2767

"A Taste of Buffalo"

Catchy restaurant name..... :w00t:

280485[/snapback]

My brother went to school in Georgetown, in DC... He used to go to a place called "A Taste of Buffalo" all the time... The thing is, the restaurant owner apparently had to put up a disclaimer saying that no actual buffalo meat was served! :w00t:

Anyways, as someone who is currently in Toronto and craving real Buffalo food every day, I wish you good luck. How I couldnt go for a Ted's footlong, Mighty Taco combo 1, and Anchor Bar pizza logs and wings right now...

On that note, off to Tim Horton's; Toronto has one at nearly every corner :D.

Hi Everyone,

THANKS

280436[/snapback]

OK- The trick for the flavor is deep frying the wings in *peanut oil*

Nothing gets 'em as tasty in the world as that.

NOW- Add a "Garbage plate" to your menu...ever been to Nick Taho's in Roch?

This anti-weight loss treat will so disturb So-Cal you will have the local TV news covering you.

Now I hope you have written a biz plan...if not write one first...only 1 out of 20 restaraunts make it...you need a food court location where there is allready hungry Mall people looking for something new...Low monthly overhead is key as well

I'm thinking of doing a pesto thing here in Seattle...so good luck and go for it!

I had an idea for a similar restaurant, that would also serve Garbage Plates and Zwiegles. If you get Labatts on tap I will make the drive from Hollywood for all Bills games. I would call the place Back East. Theres a lot of WNY'ers in the Burbank/Toluca Lake area where I watch the games, you should open it closer there. Good Luck, when is the grand opening?