How crazy is this, strategic rape allegations to break a contract?

GaryPinC

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/celebrity/katy-perry-denies-dr-luke-raped-her-in-unsealed-deposition/ar-BBMwLsb?li=BBnb7Kz

Kesha and her reps concocted rumors that Dr. Luke raped Katy Perry to ruin him.  Glad he's going after them.  Just feel bad for actual victims trying to be heard.

K=Kesha    L= Dr. Luke

“Our goal is to help extricate Client K from her current professional relationship with Person L by inciting a deluge of negative media attention and public pressure on the basis of the horrific personal abuses presented in the lawsuit,” the document states.

The plan discusses disclosing the lawsuit first to TMZ, and pushing talking points off the record “to ensure our story is being told as completely and as favorably for Client K as possible.”

In emails, Kesha’s representatives, Vector Management’s Jack Rovner and Ken Levitan, discuss a plan to “ruin” Dr. Luke, and “take down his business” and dub the press campaign a “jihad.”

7 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Am I missing something? Nowhere does it say they're making it up.

It's just their attack plan. Seems like pretty common lawyery stuff.

Katy Perry, "the victim" herself says they're making it up.  Read the article.

1 hour ago, GaryPinC said:

Katy Perry, "the victim" herself says they're making it up.  Read the article.

Saying "Katy Perry was raped" is different than saying "there was a rumor that Katy Perry got raped." The second is probably completely true.

It's stupid, I know, but again...this seems like pretty common lawyery stuff.

13 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Saying "Katy Perry was raped" is different than saying "there was a rumor that Katy Perry got raped." The second is probably completely true.

It's stupid, I know, but again...this seems like pretty common lawyery stuff.

Yes, the second one is true while the first one is not.  And it appears the rumor was started and spread in a concerted plan by Kesha and her representatives to slander Dr. Luke and ruin his reputation and business.   After doing so, they were calculating this would make it easy Kesha to break her contract with Dr. Luke. 

Is there some reason you feel spreading slanderous rape rumors is ok, as long as it didn't actually happen?     It's still slander, which is a crime.  A man's livelihood and reputation has suffered.  To me, it's insane that both Kesha and her reps hatched and plotted this plan to ruin a man and his business simply because they wanted out of a contractual obligation.