TV Show: "Naked and Afraid"

Fadingpain

I couldn't find a thread on this show specifically.

Anyone watch?

I've seen many episodes as they are all available for free on Comcast on Demand.

I enjoy it, especially if the woman is hot.  

Just watched a pair last night.  Both featured a reoccurring theme on the show: the guy was a muscle bound macho type...giving orders and always knowing what's best in the first few days.  And doing lots of wood chopping with a big machete.

By about Day 10, each man tapped out, literally crying as they did so.  The woman stayed on in each case and made it to the 21 days, alone.

These guys do way too much unnecessary work, dehydrate themselves, and are used to big daily caloric intakes.  When that goes away, they end up really hurting.

I swear I've seen the macho guy tap out and her abandoned female partner stay the full 21 days at least 10 times.

I love this show.  I refer to it as Survivor on steroids.  The hot woman is a bonus, and some of the environments that they place these people in is simply diabolical.

Have you seen wither season of the XL Version where they put about a dozen of returnees out for 40 days? Makes for some compelling viewing.

7 hours ago, Philly McButterpants said:

I love this show.  I refer to it as Survivor on steroids.  The hot woman is a bonus, and some of the environments that they place these people in is simply diabolical.

Have you seen wither season of the XL Version where they put about a dozen of returnees out for 40 days? Makes for some compelling viewing.

Yes, I've seen season 4 of "XL".  More hotties on screen at the same time!  What's not to love.

The environments they are placed in are quite varied.  Whenever they are in Africa or an environment similar to that, it does become  diabolical.  There is just nothing around in those types of wastelands and there really is no decent food source, or even a water source.

I saw a show recently where they were out in the the middle of nowhere in Canada in a deciduous forest, basically, and they had a fast moving stream and tons of food in many forms all around them.  It's not even the same type of challenge at that point.

I feel very sorry for the ones in the really arid, rugged environments.  The show shouldn't even go there IMO.

18 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

I couldn't find a thread on this show specifically.

Anyone watch?

I've seen many episodes as they are all available for free on Comcast on Demand.

I enjoy it, especially if the woman is hot.  

Just watched a pair last night.  Both featured a reoccurring theme on the show: the guy was a muscle bound macho type...giving orders and always knowing what's best in the first few days.  And doing lots of wood chopping with a big machete.

By about Day 10, each man tapped out, literally crying as they did so.  The woman stayed on in each case and made it to the 21 days, alone.

These guys do way too much unnecessary work, dehydrate themselves, and are used to big daily caloric intakes.  When that goes away, they end up really hurting.

I swear I've seen the macho guy tap out and her abandoned female partner stay the full 21 days at least 10 times.

It's like the Donner Party.  History books will tell you that a 17 year or so teen hunkered down the winter before the Donner Party and made it out alive without having to resort to eating other humans.

People are idiots©.

EDIT: Macho Guys are idiots©.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

4 hours ago, CowgirlsFan said:

I watched for awhile.

I didn't continue.

I just couldn't believe they could go that much bare footed and never stepped on

anything.

That's an unusual take.  

A lot of contestants complain quite a bit, actually, about foot pain as a result of walking around barefoot.

Many have tried to fashion crude "shoes" using various types of plant life with varying degrees of success.  

Other contestants have specifically mentioned deliberately toughening up their feet by trying to walk around barefoot as much as possible prior to going on the show.

• Thank you (+1) 1