Will the President Ever Shut Up About Kneeling in the NFL?

donbb

Trump urges supporters to sign petition against 'spineless' ESPN to show national anthem during 'MNF'

In an email sent on behalf of the Trump Make America Great Again Committee, Trump called the network’s announcement last week a “spineless surrender to the politically correct liberal mob.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/08/23/trump-urges-supporters-to-sign-petition-against-spineless-espn-to-show-national-anthem-during-mnf.html

32 minutes ago, ALF said:

Trump urges supporters to sign petition against 'spineless' ESPN to show national anthem during 'MNF'

In an email sent on behalf of the Trump Make America Great Again Committee, Trump called the network’s announcement last week a “spineless surrender to the politically correct liberal mob.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/08/23/trump-urges-supporters-to-sign-petition-against-spineless-espn-to-show-national-anthem-during-mnf.html

The coalition that is the NFL, media and players can't keep from tripping over their dicks. Just give Trump any tiny opening regarding this issue and he'll bludgeon them with it. It's a winning issue for him and they keeping serving it up on a platter. The 40 million dollar commissioner needed to grow a pair before it got to this. Now I'm afraid it's too late.

1 minute ago, dpberr said:

He should shut up about it. The debate has run its course. 

No, the debate has not run its course. The coalition I mentioned above keeps equivocating and it's a winning issue for Trump. Why would he? Look at it this way, the NFL is a macho league and they're acting like pussies. Not a good combination.

I would rather have machos acting like pussies than a kitty like Trump acting macho.

Everyone but Trump and some of his supporters understand the players are not protesting against the flag or the military. If the owners want to punish or ban their players for it, they can. The fact they haven’t speaks volumes. Bunch of softass ladyboys getting butthurt over a harmless protest that isn’t hurting anyone. 

5 minutes ago, gatorbait said:

I would rather have machos acting like pussies than a kitty like Trump acting macho.

Everyone but Trump and some of his supporters understand the players are not protesting against the flag or the military. If the owners want to punish or ban their players for it, they can. The fact they haven’t speaks volumes. Bunch of softass ladyboys getting butthurt over a harmless protest that isn’t hurting anyone. 

As usual, you fail to follow the issue. The President has the backing of the American public. As long as this issue stays alive Trump will talk about it and it's an issue that helps him.

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

As usual, you fail to follow the issue. The President has the backing of the American public. As long as this issue stays alive Trump will talk about it and it's an issue that helps him.

How do you know the president has the backing of the American people? Viewership went down less than 10% last year. NFL is still the most popular thing on tv. Your bias for the orange one is showing.

7 minutes ago, gatorbait said:

How do you know the president has the backing of the American people? Viewership went down less than 10% last year. NFL is still the most popular thing on tv. Your bias for the orange one is showing.

10% drop in viewership is huge. I'm not going to do your work for you after this, but try this poll on for size:

https://www.inquisitr.com/4519835/poll-america-responds-to-nfl-anthem-protest/

7 minutes ago, gatorbait said:

This is incorrect, as you've chosen to view this as one sided, and are projecting your own sentiments across the national dialogue.

The reality is that this is a social justice issue that has polarized the country.

One side feels that black Americans are oppressed by a country which values white people differently, and systematically works to marginalize minorities; essentially naming anyone who disagrees with them as racist.  The movement as a whole has deep Marxist undertones to it's proposed "solutions".

The other side looks at their own economic situation, and comes to the conclusion that the divisions are manufactured, that black Americans aren't treated any differently, and are tired of being called racist in lieu of actual political disagreement.

There is no reconciling these two positions, and the second group is much larger that the former.

It's a winning political issue for the President, and there is no good reason for him to drop it in the run up to an election.

3 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

10% drop in viewership is huge. I'm not going to do your work for you after this, but try this poll on for size:

https://www.inquisitr.com/4519835/poll-america-responds-to-nfl-anthem-protest/

I’m glad we like polls again. The NFL is a juggernaught and will do just fine. Saying the president has the support of the American people is still a stretch. People want politics out of football, but most aren’t going to stop watching because a handful of “pussies” kneel for the anthem. 

39 minutes ago, gatorbait said:

I’m glad we like polls again. The NFL is a juggernaught and will do just fine. Saying the president has the support of the American people is still a stretch. People want politics out of football, but most aren’t going to stop watching because a handful of “pussies” kneel for the anthem. 

I was mainly referring to the NFL leadership as being pussies.