Could (should) NFL contracts be fully guaranteed and how?

33 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Owners are greedy and there will for sure be a saturation point, I just think it is dishonest when looking at the facts to think that the players salaries are keeping the ticket prices high. The owners are charging those outrageous prices because people pay. They would pay the players less if they could and charge more if they could. The owners are not passing savings onto the fans. 

But as long as there is a lot of money being made and produced by the NFL the players deserve their share of that revenue. They aren't overpaid because they are simply getting their share of the value they produce. I think it is just silly to put out the blanket statement of "They are overpaid" without thinking through the consequences of what that statement means. 

The owners are going to be greedy regardless of what the players get paid. Do you honestly think if the players got paid less then the owners would pass those savings onto the fans? No the owners would just make more money. I would rather the money that is being paid by the NFL fans go to the players that are hurting their bodies and working themselves into peak physical condition than into the owner's pockets. 

So you can't really act like the money being paid to pro-athletes is being taken out of the hands of the fans or other people like teachers and construction workers. The players are just getting the share of money that the owners make off of them. 

Parking fees, $12 beers, high food prices is allpart of it.  

A QB making 20 plus million is all part of the problem.   

My lower seats in 1995 under $600 for the pair.  This year $2,400.  MY PAY CHECH didn’t triple or go up 100%. 

In another 15 years $4,200 for same seats? 

And the government will want $25 minimum wage in 20 years.  

Lots of problems.   

Nothing you or I say or think will change anything.   

Just hope the Bills win a Super bowl soon. 

GO BILLS 

3 minutes ago, mead107 said:

My lower seats in 1995 under $600 for the pair.  This year $2,400.  MY PAY CHECH didn’t triple or go up 100%. 

Lots of problems.   

GO BILLS 

But once again it's not as though if the QB made 10 million instead of 20 million that the owners would pass the savings along to the fans. The owners are always going to charge as much money as they can. If they made tickets cost $50 that's great but then scalpers would just charge as much as possible. So I don't see the players salaries being the issue. The players get 50% of what the owners makes, if the owners made less they would get paid less. It's the owners driving up the prices not the players salries. 

8 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

But once again it's not as though if the QB made 10 million instead of 20 million that the owners would pass the savings along to the fans. The owners are always going to charge as much money as they can. If they made tickets cost $50 that's great but then scalpers would just charge as much as possible. So I don't see the players salaries being the issue. The players get 50% of what the owners makes, if the owners made less they would get paid less. It's the owners driving up the prices not the players salries. 

50-50 split isn’t it league players 

Good night 

Edited by mead107

15 minutes ago, mead107 said:

Lots of problems.   

GO BILLS 

But you’re killing it with the the Meadcoins, so nobody is feeling sorry for you! 

1 minute ago, mead107 said:

50-50 split isn’t it

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d820e6311/article/nfl-clubs-approve-comprehensive-agreement

"Players will receive 55 percent of national media revenue, 45 percent of NFL Ventures revenue, and 40 percent of local club revenue."

Roughly all things equaling out the players get between 47% and 48.5% of total revenue. So once again if the owners charged less the players would get paid less. It's not as though the owners have to charge so much because they have to meet the player's salary demands. The owners are all billionaire businessmen, they are going to charge as much as the market will allow and the players take their cut.