Move on to 2019

Punt75

7 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

i burns me up when we don't have a dc who will blitz or is stubborn, insisting on only rushing the 4 down linemen. however, i think this year rushing 4 should at least free others up and i do expect more sacks and tfls. also with murphy and hughes on the ends, i expect lorax to have a great year. i am predicting 3 double digit sackers.

actually we should be able to send a lb on every play especially considering the talent. milano and lorax on the outs and there should be plenty of gaps to shoot edmunds through.

This is a win with 4 league now. The Quarterbacks get it out so fast and are so good at exploiting mismatches that if you blitz a lot you are done. The teams that are winning are sending 4 and having waves of pass rushers to send in fresh off the bench. Jim Schwartz did it here and he did it even better last year in Philly. There is still a place for the blitz, of course there is, but the defenses that that rely on it for pressure are in trouble. 

There is no way in my mind we have 3 double digit sackers this year but I do think Star might occupy some bodies and anchor the D line in a way that affords the outside guys more 1 on 1 chances. 

We are not winning with pass rush this year though. We need to do enough to give our very talented secondary a chance to make plays just the same as last year. 

Adding pass rush talent is for the 2019 1st round. 

5 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

The quality of the 2018 and 2019 campaigns depends entirely on whether or not Josh Allen is going to be a franchise QB.

If he is, we'll know it this year, and this year will not be a bust.

If he is not, it's going to be a horrible year and next year won't be any better.

Not true in the least