Are The Bills Actually Looking At Starting

Mark VI

:lol:  :o  :o 

;)  ;)  ;) 

BTW - I can map a bridge for you in 30 seconds, no matter where you live.  :lol:

277038[/snapback]

The Bills are belly-up in the draft. They have not been a big drafter on the OL for several years, and enter this draft with 6 picks while a fat and deep club like Philly has ten picks and also-rans like Tampa and Texas have 9 or so.

I think Teague will be the starter there unless they are able to get LJ Shelton somehow later in the offseason

I also think they will draft a Left tackle who could also be considered for guard in the future

Peters will continue with his development there but will be considered as a potential starter in '06 after Teague's contract is up

It will end up being Teague at LT

277084[/snapback]

eww. Wasn't the reason he was cut from the broncos, is that he was a horrible lt?

Teague played ok at center and improved as the season went on, but he's not starting lt material.

I'm not gonna even get into the bad shape our oline is cause it's getting to the point it's beating a dead horse

eww. Wasn't the reason he was cut from the broncos, is that he was a horrible lt? 

277403[/snapback]

yes...but if i remember correctly he was a FA...either way, the best rushing team in the nfl considered him expendable after going through an uncharacteristically poor season with him as the LT. hopefully TD finds a way to put him on the bench and improve the line at the same time.

Teague played ok at center and improved as the season went on, but he's not starting lt material. 

I'm not gonna even get into the bad shape our oline is cause it's getting to the point it's beating a dead horse

277403[/snapback]

I don't believe Teague was cut by the Broncos. I think his contract expired rendering him a free agent. There was some conversation to the effect that Denver did not try awfully hard to re-sign him, but I think they did at least make him an offer.

:w00t:  :w00t:  :o 

:w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t: 

BTW - I can map a bridge for you in 30 seconds, no matter where you live.  :w00t:

277038[/snapback]

But did you just save a bunch of money on your car insurance or stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Nice to see G. Host posting a comment....

Teague will hold up well against finesse, speed pass rushers, but he lacks the strength to dominate at the point of attack in the running game. IMO we will take a giant step backwards with Teague manning the LT spot and Tucker at center. I am trying to be patient with Donahoe, I assume he knows these things and has a plan, but if he doesn't address the line and we go into the season with a bunch of scrubs he ought to be held accountable. I urge you to call or send him an email (I'm not kidding). I did.

Teague will hold up well against finesse, speed pass rushers, but he lacks the strength to dominate at the point of attack in the running game. 

277556[/snapback]

Exactaly why teague should not play lt or be a starter at center for that matter.

If we're gonna be a smashmouth football team which should be our mo, teague is not a guy we can use on the line. We're gonna be running an awful lot and to have a guy whos pretty much useless at the point of attack in the running game is pointless. While I still have hope the line will get fixed, a part of me truly believes the Bills brass feels fine with starting teague at lt, bannan at og and tucker at center and rolling the dice. Hopefully I'm wrong for JP's and willis's sake otherwise this is gonna be one loooooooooooooong season :w00t: