Reuben Foster; Suspension

I defended Foster against the scurrilous attacks against his character and the DMV claims, which proved to be false as I predicted. I am not going to judge Foster's character because I don't know him. There isn't enough information that is publicly available for me to make that judgement.

56 players were suspended by the NFL in 2017 - 2018. Do you have a crystal ball that enables you to predict who is going to be suspended and who isn't? If you do, you should share it with NFL teams.

4 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

I am a northeasterner, but I am not an elitist and I have traveled enough that I don't have stupid stereotypical views of different regions of the US.  

I try not to judge a book by it's cover either.

Bless your heart....

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You used a link from 1986 to make your point about Stanford?!?!??!

I’m done.  University of Alabama is the Harvard of Alabama.  Be proud of that.  And keep thinking Nick Saban is really looking out for these athletes best interests and not pushing them into cupcake classes to keep them eligible.  I’m sure if Foster (haha) wanted to go pre-med, Saban would have be all for it.

The University of Alabama isn't the anything of anything. it stands on it's own merit.

Curious what makes you an expert on Nick Saban, the Alabama football program, and the academics at UA, other than you can Google US News & World Report rankings.

12 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

56 players were suspended by the NFL in 2017 - 2018. Do you have a crystal ball that enables you to predict who is going to be suspended and who isn't? If you do, you should share it with NFL teams.

No, no crystal ball... Only information to let you know you may be getting into a bad investment... Like maybe getting arrested for weed in an area where you know it is contraband (with potential millions on the line due to your draft status) OR being (what you likely to believe as politely) asked to leave the NFL Combine for being a jerk to staff...

Your'e right no crystal ball... But if only there were some other way you could learn about players before you selected them? Like an NFL Combine event (should one be able to endure the challenge to stay in attendance for all three (3) days) OR like public records for things like arrests? 

If only there were SOME way to screen future picks... one day...

That is the scouting world that I one day want to live in.

Edited by FrankoElTanko

7 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Bless your heart....

I'll take that like water off a duck's back...

1 minute ago, FrankoElTanko said:

No, no crystal ball... Only information to let you know you may be getting into a bad investment... Like maybe getting arrested for weed OR being (what you likely to believe as politely) asked to leave the NFL Combine for being a jerk to staff...

Your'e right no crystal ball... But if only there were some other way you could learn about players before you selected them? Like an NFL Combine event (should one be able to endure the challenge to stay in attendance for all three (3) days) OR like public records for things like arrests? 

If only there were SOME way to screen future picks... one day...

That is the scouting world that I one day want to live in.

Not sure about 89%, but I'm sure that a lot of NFL players smoke pot. Foster happened to caught. As far as the argument with the student hospital worker, I wasn't there. Does Foster need to drop the pot habit and mature? Sure, but that can be said for a lot of young men. He just turned 24.

Edelman was suspended for 4 games. Did you have him pegged as a suspension risk?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sky Diver said:

Edelman was suspended for 4 games. Did you have him pegged as a suspension risk?

No... because he has been in the league FOR 8 years and is set to miss his first four games, ever (due to suspension)... Are you serious? Foster has been in for a year... Please see #4 of my previous post...

4) Who cares about his academic prowess or that of any other athlete being suspended anyway. You keep pointing out all of these statistics about Alabama education like it matters to anyone or that anyone is clicking the link. What good is Reuben Foster's degree when he cannot figure out how NOT to be around contraband or poor  situations well enough to avoid a suspension. Furthermore, after 3/4 incidents (granted all for different issues) it makes you wonder if A. He happens to be the most unlucky person alive, or B. He very well may be putting himself into poor situations regularly. 

Trust me... it is not  him SMOKING pot that is there is any concern over... Him being too immature to do so like the majority of other NFLers do so (like you said) WITHOUT the fear of his choices causing him to get suspended... Furthermore he was arrested for being in a car with it, in a state where it is illegal to do so... THAT is the issue, his choices to do that, not smoke weed. You really do not understand that or are you trolling me? 

There was literally a plethora of points made as to his immaturity and again, you ignore all of them and make reference to something unrelated. There are A LOT of players in the NFL that are risky because of their choices, behavior, maturity, etc. I would not sign those players because of that. Unfortunately (I guess) for you, one of those players is Reuben Foster and he is (gasp) Alabama alumnus... I know it hurts, but let it go.

27 minutes ago, FrankoElTanko said:

No... because he has been in the league FOR 8 years and is set to miss his first four games, ever (due to suspension)... Are you serious? Foster has been in for a year... Please see #4 of my previous post...

4) Who cares about his academic prowess or that of any other athlete being suspended anyway. You keep pointing out all of these statistics about Alabama education like it matters to anyone or that anyone is clicking the link. What good is Reuben Foster's degree when he cannot figure out how NOT to be around contraband or poor  situations well enough to avoid a suspension. Furthermore, after 3/4 incidents (granted all for different issues) it makes you wonder if A. He happens to be the most unlucky person alive, or B. He very well may be putting himself into poor situations regularly. 

Trust me... it is not  him SMOKING pot that is there is any concern over... Him being too immature to do so like the majority of other NFLers do so (like you said) WITHOUT the fear of his choices causing him to get suspended... Furthermore he was arrested for being in a car with it, in a state where it is illegal to do so... THAT is the issue, his choices to do that, not smoke weed. You really do not understand that or are you trolling me? 

There was literally a plethora of points made as to his immaturity and again, you ignore all of them and make reference to something unrelated. There are A LOT of players in the NFL that are risky because of their choices, behavior, maturity, etc. I would not sign those players because of that. Unfortunately (I guess) for you, one of those players is Reuben Foster and he is (gasp) Alabama alumnus... I know it hurts, but let it go.

Which is worse, a 4 game suspension or a 2 game suspension?

Which is worse, PEDs or pot?

On what basis should NFL teams have known that Foster would get involved with a crazy woman?

What is it exactly about Foster that has you so worked up?

I think there are folks to get more upset about than Foster, like Ivy League MBA’s that caused the 2007 - 2008 financial crisis and avoided punishment, for example.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sky Diver said:

Which is worse, a 4 game suspension or a 2 game suspension?

Which is worse, PEDs or pot?

On what basis should NFL teams have known that Foster would get involved with a crazy woman?

What is it exactly about Foster that has you so worked up?

I think there are folks to get more upset about than Foster, like Ivy League MBA’s that caused the 2007 - 2008 financial crisis and avoided punishment, for example.

This won’t be fosters first, quote me later...

Of course the NFL wouldn’t foresee a bad relationship but that’s not why he was arrested... he still shows poor judgement during the entire situation w the gun... the nfl (did) foresee his behavior through, that’s why 30 teams passed on him? 

a 4 is (immediately) worse but I would rather have 4 for PED  after 8 yr in the league (on a slot receiver) rather than 2 within the first year rather for “zero tolerance” offenses like DV on my first rd pick and captain I cannot afford to lose? What about you?

and what the hell are you talking about the financial crisis for? I’m talking about the nfl?

Youre nuts, I’m done 

I suspect that people here who bash Alabama have  never stepped foot on campus, have never spoken with a professor or an administrator, have no knowledge of the generous guaranteed merit scholarships, do not know any students or graduates, and are not aware of the close knitness of the Alabama parent and alumni community.

People are passionate about the school because it’s a great place.

25 minutes ago, FrankoElTanko said:

This won’t be fosters first, quote me later...

Of course the NFL wouldn’t foresee a bad relationship but that’s not why he was arrested... he still shows poor judgement during the entire situation w the gun... the nfl (did) foresee his behavior through, that’s why 30 teams passed on him? 

a 4 is (immediately) worse but I would rather have 4 for PED  after 8 yr in the league (on a slot receiver) rather than 2 within the first year rather for “zero tolerance” offenses like DV on my first rd pick and captain I cannot afford to lose? What about you?

and what the hell are you talking about the financial crisis for? I’m talking about the nfl?

Youre nuts, I’m done 

Anyone that smokes dope is using bad judgement. That’s why it’s called dope. No one has said that he dodn’t use bad judgment. He’s also a 22 - 23 yr old kid. Most kids have made bad decisions. You are condemning him to a failed life because he smoked pot and chose a bad girlfriend? Seriously?

And how do you know when Edelman started taking PEDs? Maybe it’s been a long time and he never got caught. Edelman gets the benefit of the doubt but Foster doesn’t? Why is that?

Foster was drafted in the first round. Not bad coming off a serious shoulder injury.

Edited by Sky Diver

Lol, this is what I mean, "that's why its called dope"... Thank you for my instruction period on the word, 'dope' and the various ways it can be used

First of all marijuana referred to as dope is hilarious... Mainly though, Foster is NOT high 24/7 and (should of) had judgement enough or someone close to that cared (have him) stop for the time being/hide it better/eat it/i dont care /just dont get caught/etc.,

Now, once more for everyone in the back, I do not care or do not judge him for using marijuana, he is a kid that does dumb stuff and weed is a silly thing to call a crime...

However, I do judge him for doing so much CUMULATIVE dumb **** (in correlation with the league conduct policy, NOT personally) that I WOULD NOT TOUCH HIM FOR OUR TEAM (do you get it?). Nobody said he would have a failed life, however, I believe his action(s) (whichever the flavor of the month) will undue him and force him out of the league sooner than later and his CAREER WILL BE AFFECTED, as it ALREADY IS through this season's suspension

And I don't care if Edelman takes PED... At all... Or Foster (if that were the case)... None of that matters, what matters is exactly like you said, EDELMAN has NEVER been caught. With that being said.... Edelman gets benefit of the doubt because he literally has EIGHT YEARS w/o a suspension.... Foster does NOT get the benefit of the doubt because he has less than ONE YEAR and has already been suspended... Furthermore, he has been suspended for zero tolerance policy offenses, which carry high risk of an indefinite suspension (unlike PED: see Brian Cushing)...

Please make up your mind about his shoulder and the reason he slid... Please see your response about "he didn't have any injuries", or there was another on how he "was fully healed"... Honestly, are you trolling?

image.gif.898af5be28aad7aed263f6c9fd25b145.gif

Finally, Foster was drafted at 31... You are right, this is not bad coming off of a shoulder injury, however, THE TRUTH IS that although his shoulder was injured he was KICKED OUT of the combine and failed the drug test (diluted sample) which again, would not be bad... had he not been CONSENSUS TOP 10 talent... AGAIN no judgement for what hes doing only that he could not take the measures to protect himself from getting caught doing what, as you say, many NFL players do

How can you think he would be a good decision? Or that he is reliable?

On 7/3/2018 at 4:05 PM, Sky Diver said:
On 7/3/2018 at 3:59 PM, Augie said:

BTW - how have his shoulders held up so far? (Honest question!) I’m not hating on him, but I’d still pass, despite immense talent. I don’t need another Dareus type distraction. 

I’m not aware that he has any health issues, but I haven’t followed his career post Alabama. There were never any issues there with his behavior as far as I know.

On 7/4/2018 at 10:46 AM, C.Biscuit97 said:

I can’t believe someone from such a prestigious academic school as Alabama could get suspended.  This isn’t the Saban  way!

On 7/4/2018 at 11:30 AM, Sky Diver said:

On 7/5/2018 at 2:07 PM, Sky Diver said:

The mean ACT for engineering students who enrolled in 2017 was 30.1. That means that the average engineering student at The University of Alabama in the class of 2021 scored higher than 94 out of 100 students that took the exam. Their average HS GPA was 3.96.

Not only does UA attract top football talent, it attracts top students.

Roll Tide!

1 hour ago, Sky Diver said:

I suspect that people here who bash Alabama have  never stepped foot on campus, have never spoken with a professor or an administrator, have no knowledge of the generous guaranteed merit scholarships, do not know any students or graduates, and are not aware of the close knitness of the Alabama parent and alumni community.

Take the 'bama discussion to College Football or Off The Wall, Please

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, FrankoElTanko said:

Lol, this is what I mean, "that's why its called dope"... Thank you for my instruction period on the word, 'dope' and the various ways it can be used

First of all marijuana referred to as dope is hilarious... Mainly though, Foster is NOT high 24/7 and (should of) had judgement enough or someone close to that cared (have him) stop for the time being/hide it better/eat it/i dont care /just dont get caught/etc.,

Now, once more for everyone in the back, I do not care or do not judge him for using marijuana, he is a kid that does dumb stuff and weed is a silly thing to call a crime...

However, I do judge him for doing so much CUMULATIVE dumb **** (in correlation with the league conduct policy, NOT personally) that I WOULD NOT TOUCH HIM FOR OUR TEAM (do you get it?). Nobody said he would have a failed life, however, I believe his action(s) (whichever the flavor of the month) will undue him and force him out of the league sooner than later and his CAREER WILL BE AFFECTED, as it ALREADY IS through this season's suspension

And I don't care if Edelman takes PED... At all... Or Foster (if that were the case)... None of that matters, what matters is exactly like you said, EDELMAN has NEVER been caught. With that being said.... Edelman gets benefit of the doubt because he literally has EIGHT YEARS w/o a suspension.... Foster does NOT get the benefit of the doubt because he has less than ONE YEAR and has already been suspended... Furthermore, he has been suspended for zero tolerance policy offenses, which carry high risk of an indefinite suspension (unlike PED: see Brian Cushing)...

You have quite a cavalier attitude towards drug use. Marijuana causes mental impairment which persists since it is fat soluble and is slowly released into the system over time.

PED use gives players an unfair advantage over players who don’t use PEDs.

Edelman was given a stiffer penalty than Foster because his behavior was more egregiuos.

Edited by Sky Diver

24 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

You have quite a cavalier attitude towards drug use. Marijuana causes mental impairment which persists since it is fat soluble and is slowly released into the system over time.

PED use gives players an unfair advantage over players who don’t use PEDs.

Edelman was given a stiffer penalty than Foster because his behavior was more egregiuos.

Do you ignore the rest of EVERY post? and you are absolutely the crazy if you think Reuben Foster is walking around high 24/7 because he is "mentally impaired" from smoking weed that is somehow being stored in his pro-athlete (not at all, high-fat percentage) body... Slowly released over time, you have no idea. Yes it stays in your system longer if you have high body fat, smoke more, etc. but THC does not slowly release (and make you high later) and cause you to CONTINUALLY make poor choices, get a life.

You're right about PED being the "worse" drug (in terms of health), I guess. However, I never once attempted to give my moral opinion on the egregiousness of PED use v. Marijuana...  but that AGAIN was not the issue. PED are going to happen in the NFL so as a fan I would prefer if they take precautions to do so safely as well as to not jeopardize missing games from using them, just like weed. It is a calculated risk the players take (trust me many do) that is a risk on them, just like smoking weed... I am not here to judge either because there are so many offenders. However, case in point; I honestly would prefer if players from teams I watch play, were not users of either, since both run the risk of suspension... You can twist that however you want.

Yes, although his behavior warranted a stiffer penalty (from being a 'worse' offense)... LIKE I SAID BEFORE, PED suspensions are not indefinite such as DV suspensions or other LEGALLY related issues... issues that have NEVER come up with your boy Edelman and ALL issues that have been brought up with Foster, ALREADY... He was arrested and charged, Edelman failed a drug test... One was criminal one was civil... His behavior CRIMINALLY or his ASSOCIATION with such behavior SO FREQUENTLY are why I would be weary of him...

Clearly you do not feel that way. Good for you.

“Given that CB1 receptors are densely located in the prefrontal cortex, cingulate gyrus, and basal ganglia (Eggan & Lewis, 2006), deficits in executive functions may persist long after use. Our findings pertaining to executive dysfunction are consistent with other studies (Bolla, Elderth, Matochik, and Cadet, 2005Crean, Crane, and Mason (2011)Ramaekers, Kauert, van Ruitenbeek, Theunissen, Schneider & Moeller (2006), suggesting that the long-term implications of impaired executive functions could result in problems with decision-making, impulsivity, and poor judgment.”

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4032061/#!po=43.9655

So you think that PED use is good for the sport and should be allowed? Just at the pro level, or college and HS levels too? How about elementary school?

As far as the DV charges against Foster, they were dropped because the alleged victim admitted that she lied and produced video evidence that her injuries were sustained in a fight with one or more women.

If Edelman tests positive again he will be suspended for 10 regular and/or post season games. He’s a higher risk player than Foster.

4 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

Anyone that smokes dope is using bad judgement. That’s why it’s called dope. No one has said that he dodn’t use bad judgment. He’s also a 22 - 23 yr old kid. Most kids have made bad decisions. You are condemning him to a failed life because he smoked pot and chose a bad girlfriend? Seriously?

And how do you know when Edelman started taking PEDs? Maybe it’s been a long time and he never got caught. Edelman gets the benefit of the doubt but Foster doesn’t? Why is that?

Foster was drafted in the first round. Not bad coming off a serious shoulder injury.

Where are all these people bashing bama that you are so feverishly defending the schools honor against?

also, is there a tie beyond liking the team? Did you attend? Or?

edelman had some likely risk of party drugs, and of course most bills fans are skeptical about PEDs in NE... but as noted, first offense in 8 years. Foster on the other hand came in with question marks and very quickly has given his doubters more ammo. 

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Where are all these people bashing bama that you are so feverishly defending the schools honor against?

also, is there a tie beyond liking the team? Did you attend? Or?

edelman had some likely risk of party drugs, and of course most bills fans are skeptical about PEDs in NE... but as noted, first offense in 8 years. Foster on the other hand came in with question marks and very quickly has given his doubters more ammo. 

The fact is that Edelman is out for 4 games this year and Foster is out for 2. Edelman is a worse offender. 

I’m out man, it’s friday and you are out of your mind.

Long term damage regarding the effects of decision making, etc and marijuana is done during the developmental stage(s) like adolescence not as an adult... also to have that, it requires a constant (very high) amount/tolerance... So, are you saying that Reuben foster at his age has long term decision making and judgement skills damage because of smoking weed? If so that’s another reason why I wouldn’t want him... although i do not believe it to be true at all... 

Also, regarding PED, can you read? I never said either was good for the sport... at any level, I said it’s going to happen so as a fan don’t get caught and miss games... in fact I stated I would rather have neither...

You are right, if Edelman tests positive it’s 10 games... IF Foster gets another criminal charge it’s indefinite... so there’s that... 

finally, if you would rather a player miss 2/18 (.11) games due to suspension over 4/98 (.04) be my guest... I can get a calculator to figure the percentages but you could just do it yourself. Nm I did it for you...

Foster will be suspended for twice as much as Edelman with 1/8 time in league by week 4 next year...

im going to have a beer you should have a lithium... happy Friday 

Do I think Foster is permanently impaired? No. He was the signal caller and the field General for the defense. Do I think marijuana is dangerous and is a  gateway drug? Yes. Do I think PEDs has any legitimate role in sports? No.

Do I agree with Coach Saban that Foster is a great teammate, but not a Candy Stipper? Yes. Will Edelman get busted again for PEDs and will Foster face any more false charges? Who knows, I don’t have a crystal ball.

https://youtu.be/lYaU_VSLSdA

Edited by Sky Diver