Reuben Foster; Suspension

“I accept the League’s decision and am sorry that my mistakes have hurt my team. I have a responsibility to the "insert team's name here", our fans and our community, and I am committed to learning from this situation and making better choices in the future. The support I have received over the last "insert x timeframe here" months has been humbling, and I do not take it for granted.”

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

“I accept the League’s decision and am sorry that my mistakes have hurt my team. I have a responsibility to the "insert team's name here", our fans and our community, and I am committed to learning from this situation and making better choices in the future. The support I have received over the last "insert x timeframe here" months has been humbling, and I do not take it for granted.”

Do they just hand this out at the rookie symposium? A lot of the guys probably couldn’t put those words together in that order, and a few might not be able to insert the team name. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

Weapons and drug offenses, huh?

Too bad this didn't involve prostitution too; he could have had the trifecta.

His mistake was the SIG wasn’t CA compliant.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/131325/r516g216bpca/sig-sauer-sig516-patrol-5.56mm-rifle-(california-model)

The potheads here will disagree with you on the drug charge.

2 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

You are thinking he should be punished for something he didn't do?

It seemed like an innocent question from @Dalton. He didn’t say he should be punished, at least not from anything I’ve seen. Honest question: Was that charge dropped?  Should I assume form your response it was? 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

It seemed like an innocent question from @Dalton. He didn’t say he should be punished, at least not from anything I’ve seen. Honest question: Was that charge dropped?  Should I assume form your response it was? 

He asked if a domestic violence was pending. I assumed he was talking about the league since the judge dropped the charges. 

https://es.pn/2GJTqXG

5 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

He asked if a domestic violence was pending. I assumed he was talking about the league since the judge dropped the charges. 

https://es.pn/2GJTqXG

OK, I can’t keep track of all the troubles these guys get into or out of either. A simple comment or link that it had gone away in the courts would have been informative.  Now we’ll see what the league decides. Just because criminal charges are avoided doesn’t necessarily mean he’s 100% in the clear with the NFL, depending upon the circumstances.  If he did nothing wrong he shouldn’t be in trouble with them. The truth is often in that murky middle area, but I have no idea of the facts here. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, wppete said:

I was thinking the same. At one point it looked like his career was over and he only gets 2 games. 

Just another little bump for a team that is supposed to be competitive; as in the Jimmy G narrative.  Seriously y'all, if we drafted this dude, it'd be more than 2 effing games.

Edited by Threedollabills
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Augie said:

OK, I can’t keep track of all the troubles these guys get into or out of either. A simple comment or link that it had gone away in the courts would have been informative.  Now we’ll see what the league decides. Just because criminal charges are avoided doesn’t necessarily mean he’s 100% in the clear with the NFL, depending upon the circumstances.  If he did nothing wrong he shouldn’t be in trouble with them. The truth is often in that murky middle area, but I have no idea of the facts here. Thanks. 

It was big news so I thought that everyone was aware of the outcome of the court case. Sorry. The alleged victim said she lied and the judge dismissed the charges. Time to move on and stop persecuting the guy.

Edited by Sky Diver

3 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

I seriously thank the lord that we chose character at the end of round one rather than the elite talent that slipped because of it. Don't get me wrong a talented player is worrth some headache however, this guy (I know the incident is old) cannot keep his nose out of it and I believe he will wash out or become a marginal talent due to so much time missed and dependability (a la PacMan) before he hits 5yr in the NFL

4 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

It was big news so I thought that everyone was aware of the outcome of the court case. The alleged victim said she lied and the judge dismissed the charges. Time to move on and stop persecuting the guy.

Did I miss some sort of persecution?

• Like (+1) 1