Bills 300 yard passing games

Pete

12 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I disagree

If your QB isnt making the plays but you are not turning the ball over you have a chance to still win the game

If your QB is turning the ball over you have NO chance to win the game.....and the stats for that bear that out...the team won the wrong side of the turnover ratio loses nearly every time.

Well, I suppose you're right. There's still a slim chance that your defense will run something back for a TD to win the game. 

Because Tyrod sure as h*ll isn't going to make a play to win a game late. 

"The Bills (3-0) won courtesy of yet another Ryan Fitzpatrick-led rally, overcoming a 21-0 second-quarter deficit. It was reminiscent to what the Bills did in a 38-35 win over Oakland a week earlier, when they scored touchdowns on their final five possession to overcome a 21-3 deficit."

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/09/25/brady-throws-four-picks-bills-beat-patriots-34-31/

I actually forgot about that Oakland game. 

They are both the same, they just lose in different ways. I guess we're both kind of right on this one. 

On June 8, 2018 at 6:09 AM, YattaOkasan said:

Further on your point about any stat out of context doesnt tell the whole story.

300 pass yards per game is the perfect example of that statement!!!!!  This stat tells you almost nothing about who won the game.

That this line gets thrown around so much is annoying.  Yes Kelly could win you a game through the air and TT could not.  Shouldn't you be able to see that in another stat like TD% as was alluded to?  This 300 pass yards per game needs to die as a metric thats considered to successful QBs.  To the fan of the team it shouldn't mean almost nothing; to fantasy football player it means a lot more.  

Yes, especially when many 300 yard games come from a QB whose team is multiple TDs down and he has to throw on every down to try and get back in the game.

On 6/9/2018 at 2:51 PM, twoandfourteen said:

Not converting key first downs or scoring points also singlehandedly loses games. (See: Playoff game vs JAX)

Tyrod has lost many games for the Bills due to his lack of production. It's just not as obvious as a late INT. 

They are the same player: competent backups who can easily lose you a game. 

this is not the truth... they are not the same player, one is

Ryan Fitzpatrick :

TD–INT‎: ‎173–136
Passer rating‎: ‎79.9
Passing yards‎: ‎26,991
Pass attempts‎: ‎4,039
Rushing TD's: 13

Tyrod Taylor:  
TD-INT: 51-18
Passer Rating: 91.2
Passing Yards:  9,056
Passing Attempts 1,271