Flooring - Which is best - Need avice

34 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

We did both of our upstairs bathrooms with Adura Max vinyl tile. I have a 100 lb. golden retriever who walks onnit occasionally, but not a high traffic area. It's somewhere between $4 -10 a square foot depending on the size and pattern. 

https://www.mannington.com/residential/aduramax

The vinyl plank flooring we saw in a Hospice facility was so nice we put it in my mom’s condo. I think it had a 50 year warranty, and the stuff in hospice had all kinds of equipment rolled, dragged and spilled all over it. And it looked pretty darn good! 

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

The vinyl plank flooring we saw in a Hospice facility was so nice we put it in my mom’s condo. I think it had a 50 year warranty, and the stuff in hospice had all kinds of equipment rolled, dragged and spilled all over it. And it looked pretty darn good! 

Yeah they say it holds up well. I want to say the stuff we put in has a 30 year warranty, but don't quote me on that.

On May 29, 2018 at 10:27 AM, CountDorkula said:

We are removing the carpet from our living/family rooms and we are going to install some sort of hardwood flooring. Our current foyer has engineered hardwood and it is scratched to hell and back. This will be replaced too. 

We have a 90Lb Pit Bull Mastiff who runs all the time chasing after any toy/ball he finds in sight. 

We have looked at basically anything that is sold in Lowes and Home depot and trying to read reviews on the internet is as useful as a screen door on a submarine.

What have you used?

If you care to share what was the Price/SQ Ft.

We have about 900 feet to do. 

Thanks in advance!

Especially with that horse--I mean dog--running around your house, you should nail down real hardwood floor planks.

I.E., don't go with click together engineered products and for God's sake, don't use anything made by Pergo or anything close to their stuff.

13 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

^^^^^^Downstairs was all hardwood, upstairs was carpet.

I still see from time to time new houses where they are putting in carpet, usually its hardwood in the living areas, tile in the kitchen and bathrooms, and if they use carpet, its only in the bedrooms (sometimes stairs). I have even seen a few basements with carpets.