First off-season casualty- Chargers' TE Hunter Henry tears ACL

Guest Mike147

It is sad that Hunter Henry has got hurt, but ACL tears are becoming increasingly common in today's NFL. If I'm not mistaken the Chargers lost a fair amount of players to ACL injuries in the 2016 season in back to back weeks (Keenan Allen and Jason Verrett spring to mind?). Problem is these athletes are bigger and heavier than they used to be, and although their muscles and outer bodies might be bigger than players of years past, their ligaments and tendons are no bigger. When you get players going out there doing what they do, bigger and heavier than before, these injuries are bound to happen because our bodies can only take so much before they give in. With that said, hopefully this kid recovers and bounces back like Keenan Allen did for them last year. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Buckeyes gave an offer to his brother Hudson for 2019, he’s a TE as well. 4 Star, has offers from all the big time programs, and also Michigan.

What the !@#$ is a Michigan?

On 5/22/2018 at 11:35 PM, BullBuchanan said:

My money's on it being the opposite - too little training of ligaments and small muscle groups. These guys tend to hit the weight room like crazy, but if your muscles are far stronger than your tendons and ligaments, it's going to be bad when you start to push those things at full speed.

You bet your ass I'd be doing yoga daily if I was a pro ball player.

Kind of like using a fan belt designed for a 4 cylinder passenger car on an Indy race car. At 61 I'm taking up the yoga thing. Don't need to wait an hour or two until I can move around in the morning any more. Eye candy is is a nice fringe benefit.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...