ajzepp

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Novel concept.

275631[/snapback]

Were you elected as the offical 'cheerio pisser' of TBD when I wasn't looking? Seems like that's all ya do

:rolleyes:

ajzepp...

another thing, if you catch a decent buzz from 3-4 beers, be careful around a long island.

I am big (bigger than I should be, possibly), so it takes me a good 6 beers before I'm feeling much of anything. That being said, one long island, and I got a buzz, two and I'd be lying if i didn't say i was drunk.

Now, some places use "long island mix". That's safe. Its very weak. A real long island will put you on your ass.

That, and you obviously have a drinking problem -- remember that. :rolleyes:

Were you elected as the offical 'cheerio pisser' of TBD when I wasn't looking? Seems like that's all ya do

:rolleyes:

275663[/snapback]

Yup. I do nothing else but piss in peoples cheerios.

Vodka and Red Bull, Alabama Slammers, Long Island Ice Teas, Captain Morgan and Coke. These all taste good and will more than get the job done. Especially the middle two... :rolleyes:

275619[/snapback]

There are some allegations of the taurine drink, Red Bull, in combination with alcohol causing problems.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/1435409.stm

ajzepp...

another thing, if you catch a decent buzz from 3-4 beers, be careful around a long island.

I am big (bigger than I should be, possibly), so it takes me a good 6 beers before I'm feeling much of anything. That being said, one long island, and I got a buzz, two and I'd be lying if i didn't say i was drunk.

Now, some places use "long island mix". That's safe. Its very weak. A real long island will put you on your ass.

That, and you obviously have a drinking problem -- remember that. ;)

275665[/snapback]

Thanks, man.......I definitely want to temper the buzz to a reasonable level so that it doesn't interfere with my balance and coordination when I'm out on the dance floor cuttin' up some rug :rolleyes:

A decent buzz for me is basically just one that I can feel, you know? Not to disappoint Fez, but I had my fill of intoxication when I was in my early 20s. I just like enough of a drink to where I'm able to relax and take a break from the disaster that is my life lol.

Given your description, I'll probably make sure I'm eating when I sample a Long Island. I'm a pretty big guy, too, but better safe than sorry.

Thanks again for the help.....I swear this place is awesome for advice on just about anything.....

Okay, here's the deal.....

I'm tired of having to drink 3-4 beers or these Bacardi cooler things in order to get a half decent buzz. On the other hand, I cannot stand the taste of alcohol. So I need some help finding an alcoholic beverage that 1) packs more of a punch than beer, 2) does a good job of covering up the alchohol taste, and 3) is 'manly' enough to order when I'm out. 

Now that I'm single again, I want to start easing back into the social scene. I'm typically pretty reserved until I get a drink or two in me, so this is where I need your guys' help. (Of course, too much alcohol in my system and I start pissing in bathtubs and getting into arguments with parked cars  :rolleyes:  ) 

Any ideas?

275616[/snapback]

Beer doesn't work for you. You want a quicker buzz but don't like the taste of booze. That's a tough one. You might want to check here for some answers ;)

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=926736388209103024

Beer doesn't work for you. You want a quicker buzz but don't like the taste of booze. That's a tough one. You might want to check here for some answers :rolleyes:

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=926736388209103024

275685[/snapback]

Mother fu*ker lol

Irish Car Bomb.

Equal parts Bailey's Irish Cream and Irish Whiskey in a shot glass. Drop the shot glass in a half-pint of Guiness. Has the same consistency as chocolate milk and tastes like a chocolate mint. Good stuff. But it's not for nursing, it's for chugging. :rolleyes:

there is a drink we have here on the island that is absolutely deadly........a rum swizzle........dark and amber rum, triple sec, pineapple juice, lemon juice, orange juice, and a dash of Angostura Bitters.........tastes like punch, but packs a whallop........i'd say you can drink them all night, but it's not a great idea...... :rolleyes:

Irish Car Bomb. 

Equal parts Bailey's Irish Cream and Irish Whiskey in a shot glass.  Drop the shot glass in a half-pint of Guiness.  Has the same consistency as chocolate milk and tastes like a chocolate mint.  Good stuff.  But it's not for nursing, it's for chugging. :rolleyes:

275688[/snapback]

Have you seen "Ladder 49"? There is a scene where they did something like you are describing......looked pretty cool

Have you seen "Ladder 49"?  There is a scene where they did something like you are describing......looked pretty cool

275690[/snapback]

Haven't seen the movie, but believe me, after two or three of those, he won't have to worry too much about the taste of alcohol!

Just buy a cheap domestic and nurse it all nite! Irish Car Bombs are awesome - I'd suggest everyone tries one on St Paddy's Day - BUT don't even think about getting behind the wheel after a couple of 'em. Despite the soft taste, they pack a pretty powerful punch.

Haven't seen the movie, but believe me, after two or three of those, he won't have to worry too much about the taste of alcohol! 

Just buy a cheap domestic and nurse it all nite!  Irish Car Bombs are awesome - I'd suggest everyone tries one on St Paddy's Day - BUT don't even think about getting behind the wheel after a couple of 'em.  Despite the soft taste, they pack a pretty powerful punch.

275699[/snapback]

Just make sure you drink the whole thing in one shot. It's never good to go back and try to finish. It may look intimidating, but it's pretty good. Make sure to chug the whole thing.

aj, what about a few of my favorite drinks:

Cuba Libre (Rum and Coke, twist of lime )

Seven and Seven (Seagrams Seven and Seven-up)

Gin and Tonic (Duh)

Beer Martini (Corona, Frozen Limeade mix, Tequila)

Just make sure you drink the whole thing in one shot. It's never good to go back and try to finish. It may look intimidating, but it's pretty good. Make sure to chug the whole thing.

275707[/snapback]

Good point. If you let it sit, the Bailey's will curdle, and that wouldn't feel good in ye olde belly!