Cord Cutters / Cord Nevers / Cable/Satellite TV Subscribers

/dev/null

Cord Cutters / Cord Nevers / Cable/Satellite TV Subscribers  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a

• Cord Never
    • Cord Cutter
    • Cable/Satellite TV Subscriber

This is a cut and paste comment I made on another site regarding cutting the Directv cord after 17 years:

Update: Signed up for the Sling TV blue package... $25 a month and has every show or channel we watched on Directv. NFL Network, Food channel, H&G, Nat Geo, History, etc. $75 a month savings for the same damn thing. Plus, Ruku has tons of movies and shows for free... and none of this accounts for what the antenna brings in. 

One thing though, they won't use a prepaid credit card... so I have an American Express prepaid card that I'll just use up on food shopping and then throw it in the garbage, had to use my bank card.

If anyone is considering cutting the cable bill just look at the packages Sling offers and decide from there, best move I've made this year.

Here is the entire thread: http://www.billievers.com/forums/showthread.php/33956-After-17-Years-I-m-Dumping-Directv

Edited by T&C

^^^^ @T&CI use Sling at our place in DC, but have two major reasons why I keep DTV at home

1) DVR..I watch nary one thing live.. I tried an online DVR 18 months ago, it sucked but absolutely was most likely user error. Do you have any experience with one?

2) NFL..I need the Ticket. Here is the one thing I am starting to watch live..and I do not want to wait till 8PM or whatever it is to watch on GamePass

Fix for those two, and I am all in on Sling. 

BTW, just skipping commercials is worth $75 to me.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

^^^^ @T&CI use Sling at our place in DC, but have two major reasons why I keep DTV at home

1) DVR..I watch nary one thing live.. I tried an online DVR 18 months ago, it sucked but absolutely was most likely user error. Do you have any experience with one?

2) NFL..I need the Ticket. Here is the one thing I am starting to watch live..and I do not want to wait till 8PM or whatever it is to watch on GamePass

Fix for those two, and I am all in on Sling. 

BTW, just skipping commercials is worth $75 to me.

We are opposite with the DVR thing... I watch everything "live" but our viewing habits are probably different, I have no use for one.

Regarding the Ticket, even when I had Directv, I dumped the ticket probably 10 years ago... If the Bills game is on regular TV fine. If not I just dial it up on the computer or watch at the BBB around the corner. Got tired of spending $300 a year on something I already had. 

I've got to say, it felt/feels pretty good to get out from under the wing of a money grabbing monster like Directv. Now if I could only figure out a way to create electricity for the house lol.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I voted "cord cutter" despite my dislike for the term. I don't watch live television more than two or three days a year, but I consume streaming media of all kinds almost daily.

I still pay a bill to Comcast for cable modem, but nothing for TV.

Cable.

I tape 3 or so games or events each day and fast forward to the action of a game.  Takes about an hour to watch all the action in an NFL/MLB/NBA/NHL game and replays.

So I'm fine.

Laughing though at people who tell me they cut cable and then watch the same content online, acting like they are a more intellectual superior being...

Just now, row_33 said:

Cable.

I tape 3 or so games or events each day and fast forward to the action of a game.  Takes about an hour to watch all the action in an NFL/MLB/NBA/NHL game and replays.

So I'm fine.

Laughing though at people who tell me they cut cable and then watch the same content online, acting like they are a more intellectual superior being...

I know right. Why pay for something when you already have it, it's like paying twice.