Moulds will be BIG $$$ in '06

His base pay will be $6 million for 2006 with prorated bonus payments that would escalate it to around $11 million for a hugh cap hit. That's WAY TOO MUCH for a 30+ yr old player, even if it's a home boy like Moulds. I'm sure EM will be willing to sit down and restructure again, but knowing Donahoe he'll be ready. It wouldn't hurt to be grooming another speedster NOW so we can prepared for the future. I don't want another hands of stone calendar timed 40 paper boy route running WR.

Question; What round should Buffalo should be looking for another WR?

His base pay will be $6 million for 2006 with prorated bonus payments that would escalate it to around $11 million for a hugh cap hit. That's WAY TOO MUCH for a 30+ yr old player, even if it's a home boy like Moulds. I'm sure EM will be willing to sit down and restructure again, but knowing Donahoe he'll be ready. It wouldn't hurt to be grooming another speedster NOW so we can prepared for the future. I don't want another hands of stone calendar timed 40 paper boy route running WR.

275452[/snapback]

I will not be shocked if EM is spending his last season in a Bills jersey, this coming season...TD will never pay him his contract price, and at some point, restructuring will catch up to the team....restructure this year, get your walking papers next year!

I will not be shocked if EM is spending his last season in a Bills jersey, this coming season...TD will never pay him his contract price, and at some point, restructuring will catch up to the team....restructure this year, get your walking papers next year!

275462[/snapback]

I don't see a restructuring next year either. It will be a deep cut or this will be Moulds last year.

" Typically a WR doesn't officially blossom until his 3rd year". That's opinion not fact. If that's true, then all the more we should be considering grooming Moulds replacement. What was last year for Evans? An aberration? In 2-3 years EM's better days will have been long, long gone. Who do you want for his replacement? Josh Reed? A slow Sam Aiken? I want a Moulds/Evans type speed receiver. How 'bout you?

" Typically a WR doesn't officially blossom until his 3rd year". That's opinion not fact. If that's true, then all the more we should be considering grooming Moulds replacement. What was last year for Evans? An aberration? In 2-3 years EM's better days will have been long, long gone. Who do you want for his replacement? Josh Reed? A slow Sam Aiken? I want a Moulds/Evans type speed receiver. How 'bout you?

275614[/snapback]

Actually, Lee Evans season last year was kind of an abberation of sorts. Typically, a team hopes to get immediate production from a 1st round draft picked receiver, but more often than not, WR don't really start to blossom until their second or third season. Of course, this is not scientific fact, but it is a generally held opinion held amongst NFL observers. I think stats kind of prove it...after last years draft, when there were so many top tier receivers taken in the first round, there was an article on this very subject, that showed, pretty overwhelmingly, that few WR have a major impact on their teams offense in their first season. This doesn't mean it never happens, just that it is less likely to happen...I am sorry I don't have a link, but I am sure others here will remember it as well....Lee Evans and Michael Clayton were the exception, rather than the rule...

All the more, shouldn't we get Moulds replacement NOW? At the very least, just consider an earlier round pick. I'm not saying our 1st pick in the draft, just an earlier one.

275660[/snapback]

Well, hopefully, they will give Sam Aiken a long look this year, to determine if he is worth a roster spot. They spoke pretty highly of him last year, but he played very little...my guess is, if Lee Evans keeps up his production, and Losman pans out, WR will not be as high a priority as it was with Bledsoe here...a mobile QB with a great arm (what Losman is billed to be) can make decent receivers look great! Not always (see the Eagles), but often!

275452[/snapback]

i think josh reed is going to turn plenty of heads this year and step up his game.........unfortunately, that doesn't mean he'll be a bill in '06 given his contract year status, so he might not be the long-term answer.........

275452[/snapback]

You cannot keep restructuring....Those restructured signing bonus will

keep adding up into one huge salary cap dead money soon. Either Eric

will have to understand that agree to a pay cut rather than a restructure or

have the risk of getting released. I guess it all depends on how Lee Evans

plays this year. If he is ready to take over the mantle of a #1 WR, then

EM might get the shaft if he is not ready to take a paycut.