Rookie Class Signings

12 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Yes. Some cannot follow redirect links and not sure purpose of those other than person posting is keeping track of how many follow link.

It's a link to the exact same place so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. 

bufbills.co/dUo0VJ is the same as http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/LB-Tremaine-Edmunds-signs-rookie-contract/ab18a99c-addb-4415-aec7-830732c3fddd

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It's a link to the exact same place so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. 

https://t.co/QGBXIfQKu9 is the same as http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/LB-Tremaine-Edmunds-signs-rookie-contract/ab18a99c-addb-4415-aec7-830732c3fddd

The point is some firewalls prevent t.co links.

In fact ghostery does as well but it tells me link which I would not get with firewall blocking. 

On 5/10/2018 at 9:43 AM, Madd Charlie said:

I thought I remember last year them not signing anybody until after rookie camp. To me it makes sense to see what kind of condition the players come in that way you can adjust guarantees and incentives for those who need it. Seems like it should be standard to get them on the field before signing contracts league wide when I think about it.

I mean - we hosted one of the later mini-camps this year so that makes sense.  The negotiations all take place with the agents, but the players have to actually be present to sign the contracts.

On 5/11/2018 at 8:59 PM, Mat68 said:

I could be wrong but imo if Lamar had a good agent he goes top 15.  If Jackson ran under 4.4 he goes top 10.  There are things along the way that Jackson and his camp were inexperianced dealing with.  I know one way of looking at agents, personal trainers is a leach to a cow.  But a trainer and agent gets as many people as possible to get eyes on how easy he learns and how fantastic a kid a athlete he is.  Seems he was overly sheltered.  And again either the contract negotiation will be the hardest or easiest.  Take that how you want it.  Depends on the lawyer.  How many NFL contracts has he work? Imo Jackson lost more money IE draft position and slotting more than what an agent and Qb coach cost.  Rosen went 10, Barkley 2.  Combine those 2 guys and you have Jacksons college production.  

I completely and respectfully disagree with this.  Jackson was never regarded as a top ten pick.  He is a raw passer.  He is a great athlete but at the QB position, you need to be more than that.  He's a project and I think every team knew that.  I thought he went about where he should have gone.  After the early run of QBs, there was some great talent on the board that was too good to take him over.  I thought he went in the range he should have gone.