Today is my 30th wedding anniversary

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Getting a shotgun wedding @ 16 only puts one @ 46 after 30 years.  ^_^

If a owner of a pizza place opens just one window for ventilation...it will still smell like a pizza place when you walk into "it".

Going on 33 years for me. Why is it that it’s referred to as “my wife’s wedding anniversary” when we were actually both involved? I am on the hook to get her something, but it’s optional for her to get me something. 

17 hours ago, Limeaid said:

I am at work to 4 am or so but taking off tomorrow and my wife & daughter to dinner.

When I wake up I need to buy her 30 Carnations (her preference, she says roses do not last long enough).

She is not big on anniversaries; no pearls or diamonds for her.

I once bought he a table saw she loved and another time an air filter she uses for her alergies.

Congrats!

50 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

Going on 33 years for me. Why is it that it’s referred to as “my wife’s wedding anniversary” when we were actually both involved? I am on the hook to get her something, but it’s optional for her to get me something. 

Because it's a "man's world"...:lol:

We reap so many other benefits...:lol:

Hope your sarcasm detector isn't broken...<_<

Okay, all I got is: "Old traditions are hard to die."

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Getting a shotgun wedding @ 16 only puts one @ 46 after 30 years.  ^_^

A lot harder to get a shotgun in Hong Kong - do nun-chucks count?

1 hour ago, Gray Beard said:

Technically we have 2 anniversaries - hers and mine for we were married twice. Once for her family in Hong Kong and one in Blasdell, NY for mine.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Limeaid said:

No card but I bought he 30 carnations (she prefers to roses inside), a brass butterfly for her garden and some bath items (pillow, neck massager and scented soap).

Excellent job!