White House Correspondents Dinner

9 hours ago, fridge said:

Don’t think her jokes were funny? Then ignore her. God it’s painfully ironic when the right is this thin skinned.

It's not thin-skinned to call out hypocrisy.

The left spends every waking moment shaming anyone who judges a woman any way, shape or form. Hell, if leftists are to be believed, the only reason Hillary lost is because she's a woman, and that housewives are too afraid to go against what they husband tells them to do.

But put a leftist on stage in front of other leftists and make fun of a right-leaning woman's looks, and suddenly the right is thin-skinned.

Got it. <_<

9 hours ago, fridge said:

Don’t think her jokes were funny? Then ignore her. God it’s painfully ironic when the right is this thin skinned.

No, what this is about is the left wanting a double standard.  They want, very much, is to be able to exhibit poor behavior, up to and including the violation of the basic fundamental right to free speech, with absolute impunity.

And they don't want to suffer any criticism for it.

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

No, what this is about is the left wanting a double standard.  They want, very much, is to be able to exhibit poor behavior, up to and including the violation of the basic fundamental right to free speech, with absolute impunity.

And they don't want to suffer any criticism for it.

The left wants to violate free speech with impunity... by saying whatever they want? I thought you hated them for political correctness. Now they are saying too much? Which is it?

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

It's not thin-skinned to call out hypocrisy.

The left spends every waking moment shaming anyone who judges a woman any way, shape or form. Hell, if leftists are to be believed, the only reason Hillary lost is because she's a woman, and that housewives are too afraid to go against what they husband tells them to do.

But put a leftist on stage in front of other leftists and make fun of a right-leaning woman's looks, and suddenly the right is thin-skinned.

Got it. <_<

You can’t make fun of Sarah Huckabee Sanders’ looks? I thought the right were supposed to be tougher than that!

2 minutes ago, fridge said:

You can’t make fun of Sarah Huckabee Sanders’ looks? 

Tell you what: create a Twitter account...call yourself something like American Patriot...and start referring to Hillary as "cankles."

You'll probably have her body guards on your door faster than she can fall down a flight of stairs.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, joesixpack said:

Question:

Is it ok to make fun of Michelle Obama's looks?

I’m sure if she looked like Sarah Huckabee Sanders there would be plenty of jokes about her, come on man.

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

That's a dodge.

Ok, fine. Make fun of Michelle Obama’s looks and try to be funny about it.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it, but making fun of someone’s looks when they’re completely normal looking doesn’t make a lot of sense for a joke, does it?

1 minute ago, fridge said:

The left wants to violate free speech with impunity... by saying whatever they want? I thought you hated them for political correctness. Now they are saying too much? Which is it?

First of all, if you're going to charge me directly with anything, you had better source it, or GTFO.  Source where I said I hate anyone for being politically correct, or retract.

And they're free to say it.  I'm glad they do.  In fact, I'll defend to the death their right to be as stupid, myopic, bloviating, racist, devoid of self-awareness and logic as they'd like, and to announce it to the world such that we might know exactly who the !@#$ing morons are.

The problem arises when they want to pretend to champion free speech out the right side of their mouths, while seeking to impose law which violates free speech out of the other.  They aren't at all interested in free speech.  They are interested in their preferred speech to the detriment of all other speech, and they should be called to stand for it and defend it.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it, but making fun of someone’s looks when they’re completely normal looking doesn’t make a lot of sense for a joke, does it?

Wait, you actually think she's normal looking?

:lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

For the record, as someone who makes their living exercising the first amendment, it's not what was said at the WHCD that is problematic to me... but the left's complete lack of awareness and hypocrisy that I find hilariously ironic. 

Prog-fascists have spent the past several years protesting free speech on college campuses, comedy clubs, and the media in general. To deny this, is to lie.

They can't attack the speech of those they disagree with and then turn around and hurl vile insults with impunity while hiding behind the same amendment they've spent the past few years calling a danger to public safety. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

First of all, if you're going to charge me directly with anything, you had better source it, or GTFO.  Source where I said I hate anyone for being politically correct, or retract.

And they're free to say it.  I'm glad they do.  In fact, I'll defend to the death their right to be as stupid, myopic, bloviating, racist, devoid of self-awareness and logic as they'd like, and to announce it to the world such that we might know exactly who the !@#$ing morons are.

The problem arises when they want to pretend to champion free speech out the right side of their mouths, while seeking to impose law which violates free speech out of the other.  They aren't at all interested in free speech.  They are interested in their preferred speech to the detriment of all other speech, and they should be called to stand for it and defend it.

What’s your stance on political correctness?

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

For the record, as someone who makes their living exercising the first amendment, it's not what was said at the WHCD that is problematic to me... but the left's complete lack of awareness and hypocrisy that I find hilariously ironic. 

Prog-fascists have spent the past several years protesting free speech on college campuses, comedy clubs, and the media in general. To deny this, is to lie.

They can't attack the speech of those they disagree with and then turn around and hurl vile insults with impunity while hiding behind the same amendment they've spent the past few years calling a danger to public safety. 

There’s definitely something to what you’re saying. I do think that it is the number one story on Fox News is pathetic.

She was a comedian. She was trying to be funny because it is her job.

Trump has every right to make similarly mean-spirited comments, but he’s going to be held under a different scrutiny because he’s the President, and it’s not always the correspondence dinner. Sometimes he’s representing our entire nation.

4 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

She's a tranny, I'm convinced of it.

Unlike the current First Lady, I have no evidence to prove otherwise.

3 minutes ago, fridge said:

What’s your stance on political correctness?

It's a noble goal to promote civility in our every day discourse. 

When it becomes a matter of legislation or protests, it's a dangerous infringement on the first amendment. 

There’s definitely something to what you’re saying. I do think that it is the number one story on Fox News is pathetic.

She was a comedian. She was trying to be funny because it is her job.

Trump has every right to make similarly mean-spirited comments, but he’s going to be held under a different scrutiny because he’s the President, and it’s not always the correspondence dinner. Sometimes he’s representing our entire nation.

(Again for the record) I agree it's overblown. Everyone knew what was going to happen. It's exactly what one would expect to happen given the state of division and vitriol in our political conversations. 

Those on the right crying crocodile tears over it are just as disingenuous as those on the prog-left who are suddenly hiding behind the very thing they've been actively working to alter/change/diminish. 

As with most things political - the extreme fringes of both sides of the aisle are working together to exacerbate a non-issue in order to score partisan points and further the divide between the parties. Nothing gets solved this way, nothing moves forward. Both sides just dig in more.