WGR Hosts Scared Of On-Air Confrontation

27 minutes ago, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

It could be a company policy and they need to follow the rules to keep their jobs.  And to tbh, who gives a !@#$?

Schopp & Bulldog is the best show they have, and it gets the best ratings as well, so...

You have to define what "best ratings" means. Best sports radio? Yes. Best overall? Not even close.

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You have to define what "best ratings" means. Best sports radio? Yes. Best overall? Not even close.

I don't listen to the show for mindless regurgitating of sports X's & O's, those shows are annoying as !@#$.  Their show is actually interesting...

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

You probably should listen to what Sal said.  By no means did he “stand up for racial tweets.”  He said kids today make mistakes like this everyday and shouldn’t be judged for things they did as teenagers

I did. I never said he stood up for them. What I meant was by Schopp pushing him on it could force him onto a stronger position or one viewed more strongly that wouldn't be good professionally. 

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I did. I never said he stood up for them. What I meant was by Schopp pushing him on it could force him onto a stronger position or one viewed more strongly that wouldn't be good professionally. 

Ok well what about him debating Sal when he said the Bills gave up too much?  He didn’t want to say anything when he had a chance to because he knew  Sal would defend himself.  It would have been great Radio.  Instead he said nothing.  Surprise

1 minute ago, BuffaloRush said:

Ok well what about him debating Sal when he said the Bills gave up too much?  He didn’t want to say anything when he had a chance to because he knew  Sal would defend himself.  It would have been great Radio.  Instead he said nothing.  Surprise

They have bosses, maybe they don't consider on-air fighting as great radio...  Plus WGR is affiliated with the Bills themselves.

Edited by Rosen-not-Chosen

2 minutes ago, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

They have bosses, maybe they don't consider on-air fighting as great radio...  Plus WGR is affiliated with the Bills themselves.

I think you might be onto something.  Both Jeremy and Sal had a chance to disagree with Sal and they didn’t.  

4 minutes ago, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

Does it make you angry so many ppl listen to the show?  Sounds like it.

It sounds like most listen selectively like I do through the On Demand section of the app.  If they have a good guest I’ll listen.  I have a hard time hearing those two live.  Probably my least favorite show on WGR

Just now, BuffaloRush said:

It sounds like most listen selectively like I do through the On Demand section of the app.  If they have a good guest I’ll listen.  I have a hard time hearing those two live.  Probably my least favorite show on WGR

I can't stand the morning guys, and Murph is way too big a homer for me.  I'm not fond of Sal C. either, another homer.

Just now, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

I can't stand the morning guys, and Murph is way too big a homer for me.  I'm not fond of Sal C. either, another homer.

Murphy is tough to listen to and so is Chris Brown.  Chris won’t say anything negative about he Bills.  I think overall Sal does a good job and I like his work.  He does try to be honest about the Bills but it seems like he’s really careful with how he words things because of the relationship he has with PSE 

Just now, BuffaloRush said:

That is exactly what I do. Also catch Murph on msg. I do not wish them ill will, just upset that it used to be awesome, now I can not stand the line up. Also they are the only show in town, so being number one is not much of an accomplishment.

2 minutes ago, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

I'm not sure I have ever heard a Bills employee be critical of the Bills on radio, unless it is a player looking for contract etc.

Chris Brown has always been a gumper boy homer anyways...

:doh: