All Josh Allen haters. Please respond below

mead107

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Because this franchise was finally in a position to fix its passing game and whiffed.

Because this franchise is not in a position to be taking huge risks at the most important position on the field.

Because the consensus of pretty much everyone is that the guy they picked needs time to develop and would benefit from an established structure, a capable veteran starter in front of him, and a good QB coach.  We have none of that.

Because we've seen this movie before.

Looks good throwing in a t-shirt and shorts. Looks bad in games. He needs a qb whisperer and we don't have a qb whisperer (our OC is from Alabama).

I would be ok with Allen in the first if we didn't trade up and we had staff in place that he could work with. We don't have that, at the moment, so they better open up their wallets and hire a top QB coach ASAP.

We threw a hail mary on a third and short to a number 2 wideout, when a number one wideout was open in intermediate range.

Get ready to tank, as well, because they have to target a number 1 wideout next year. 

4 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

Have you watched Allens film? Hes got way more anticipation than Tyrod. Tyrod was scared to throw in traffic. Allen is not. 

Yes, I've seen him throw.  I wouldn't say he's got way more anticipation that Tyrod.  Oh, and he'll throw alright, but that will lead to INT's.  We've already got a guy on the team that can do that. 

This pick to me is a sign that they like AJ McCarron more than we think. Allen can chill at least 1 year behind AJ and work on his fundamentals and grasp the system. The team gets a full look at AJ for a year and gives Allen some time to ruminate and grow. In 2019 they can reevaluate both players, see if AJ is anything more than a backup or if Allen is ready. The team will have plenty of cap space and a new draft class in 2019 to fill needs and build a complete roster. I would have preferred Rosen but I think you play to win and if Allen pans out he could be a top 10 QB, to me if Rosen pans out he is an upper mid-level QB. 

Not the worst, just not the right one to trade up for. Should have been Rosen; more pro ready and accuracy. It would have been acceptable if they didn’t have a chance at Rosen, and Allen dropped to them.

In hindsight, I would rather they had drafted Watson or Mahones last year.