How about bands we like?

Radiohead, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nine Inch Nails, Beck, White Stripes, Franz Ferdinand, Modest Mouse, Johnny Cash, Rage Against The Machine, Wesley Willis, The Roots, The Zutons, The Strokes, Led Zeppelin, The Doors, Mars Volta, Talking Sinatras, The Ramones, The Clash, Rancid, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Smashing Pumpkins, The Fugees, Wyclef Jean, Bob Marley, Peter Tosh, OutKast, Weezer, Cake, The Flaming Lips, Interpol, George Harrison, Lauryn Hill, Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald, Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Duke Ellington, No Doubt, Pearl Jam, Pete Yorn, Prince, Queen, R.E.M., Ravi Shankar, Razorlight, The Smiths, Sublime, Tenacious D, The Who, Travis

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haven't heard of the first one but i think i have heard of the second one. guess i'll have to check em out sometime.

274263[/snapback]

By all means, do so. Their musical renditions are at the absolute tops. It's longhair stuff, but they are the best. If you have a good ear for music, you will be well-pleased. It's not popular music, splinter, but from your long list, I think you are an appreciator of fine music regardless of catagory.

Ya kiddin' rite! :w00t:

274271[/snapback]

Am I?

Actually, there's way too many to name them all. Here's just a sample:

Jimi Hendrix

Led Zeppelin

Alice In Chains

Helmet

Stone Temple Pilots

Garth Brooks

Reba McEntire

Marty Robbins

Harry Connick jr

Maysa

Nneena Freelon

Brand New Heavies

MARVIN GAYE

Sam Cooke

Otis Redding

B.B. King

Muddy Waters

Robert Johnson

Albert King

Leon Redbone

Minnie Ripperton

Bessie Smith

Mahalia Jackson

Billie Holliday

Prince

Run-DMC

KRS-One/Boogie Down Productions

Public Enemy

The Roots

Heiroglyphics

Mos Def/Talib Kweli/Blackstar

Black Eyed Peas (Elephunk is okay, but their first 2 are much better)

Blackalicious

WAM

LVB

i like too many, but so few.......trust me, it makes sense. :w00t:

but I have really been hooked on Gov't Mule for a while now. Warren Haynes has become my favorite guitarist. Their latest, Deja Voodoo, is by far the most emotionally charged collection of songs I've heard in a while. Passionate guitar and great attention to detail have catapulted this band into the upper echelon for me.

How come the Bee Gees get no love around here, man? I picked up their greatest hits CD last year and it's awesome! They have a whole bunch of older stuff (pre-disco) that is really good....."I Started a Joke" and "How Can You Mend a Broken Heart" are classic!

How come the Bee Gees get no love around here, man? I picked up their greatest hits CD last year and it's awesome!  They have a whole bunch of older stuff (pre-disco) that is really good....."I Started a Joke" and "How Can You Mend a Broken Heart" are classic!

274325[/snapback]

My Mother really likes their older tunes as well. I remember having to listen to their tapes when we drove back and forth from Uniontown PA (where my Mother worked for about a year or so) to Erie on weekends, a 4 hour trip. The Bee Gees, Billy Joel's "The Stranger", and Elton John's Greatest Hits were standard trip fare.

Radiohead, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nine Inch Nails, Beck, White Stripes, Franz Ferdinand, Modest Mouse, Johnny Cash, Rage Against The Machine, Wesley Willis, The Roots, The Zutons, The Strokes, Led Zeppelin, The Doors, Mars Volta, Talking Sinatras, The Ramones, The Clash, Rancid, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Smashing Pumpkins, The Fugees, Wyclef Jean, Bob Marley, Peter Tosh, OutKast, Weezer, Cake, The Flaming Lips, Interpol, George Harrison, Lauryn Hill, Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald, Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Duke Ellington, No Doubt, Pearl Jam, Pete Yorn, Prince, Queen, R.E.M., Ravi Shankar, Razorlight, The Smiths, Sublime, Tenacious D, The Who, Travis

274256[/snapback]

That just pretty much all ran together. Gave me a headache!

Tragically Hip / Metallica / Green Day / REO / The Dead / The Killers / Modest Mouse / The list really just goes on and on. I am very well rounded in music and like most of anything.

If anyone has any new sugestions that I could try out be sure to give em up!!!