No matter what you think - Beane got exactly who he wanted

Bakin

I'm ok with it. Bean was in position and had the choice of two of the top four. Didn't have to give an entire draft to do it. It only leaves the question of who will be better, Allen or Rosen and that is what will define him now. It can only look bad if Rosen is better in the future. 

I still can't believe this draft. So bonkers man. Mayfield at #1 and Saquon at #2 was what I was hoping for. Indeed the Browns blew it in my opinion. So did the Giants. They got a good RB but I still think Eli in decline. 

Edited by Lfod

Just now, BillsFan692 said:

Just stop your being emotional

You're probably right.  My defense mechanism of trying to rally behind what I think was a gigantic mistake by the Bills hasn't kicked in yet.  I'll be fine tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I believe Darnold was #1 on their board, and not sure where Mayfield and Allen were.

agreed. 

I always feared/thought Allen was #2. Turns out their analysis took them someplace else and I'll just have to trust them on selection. End of the day, this really is our chance of redemption on Roethlisberger, isn't it? Not allowing another team to move beyond us and draft the big, strong armed thrower from a smaller school and settling for JP Losman. 

So it goes. I have to be happy they drafted the centerpiece of the defense and offense on a single night. I think they got a little hoodwinked, but they made their stand and you have to applaud them for that much. Edmunds. What a pick. 

Just now, Doc Brown said:

You're probably right.  My defense mechanism of trying to rally behind what I think was a gigantic mistake by the Bills hasn't kicked in yet.  I'll be fine tomorrow. 

I think you will i was shocked at first too but I've come around a bit. Feeling kind of excited actually just because we targeted a guy and we went and got him. No guarantees but we took a shot and I think that's something everyone has been begging for.

It'll look better as we roll into the season at least Rosen went to not the AFC E. 

I'm not that worried about mr darnold in NYJ but admittedly I would have preferred they landed Allen or mayfield.

5 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

I think you will i was shocked at first too but I've come around a bit. Feeling kind of excited actually just because we targeted a guy and we went and got him. No guarantees but we took a shot and I think that's something everyone has been begging for.

It'll look better as we roll into the season at least Rosen went to not the AFC E. 

I'm not that worried about mr darnold in NYJ but admittedly I would have preferred they landed Allen or mayfield.

It is kind of funny that the Jets traded up in the top 5 for a USC QB again.  Let's hope they have a similar result.

The defense tho, looking STRONG.

LB was a weak spot, but with Edmunds flying around... and White in year 2, add in V. Davis and Star with the stud safeties.... suddenly the defense is looking stout AF.     Should be fun to watch.

2 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

To the OP;  how in hell do you know Beane got what he wanted?

How do we know this wasn't Plan B, or even C?

There were a number of unexpected picks in the first 10.

Definitely got who he wanted between Rosen and Allen. That says a lot right there.

Just now, pi2000 said:

The defense tho, looking STRONG.

LB was a weak spot, but with Edmunds flying around... and White in year 2, add in V. Davis and Star with the stud safeties.... suddenly the defense is looking stout AF.     Should be fun to watch.

Still more draft picks to bring in more talent. We need interior linemen and more linebackers. Hopefully we can bring in some oline talent as well.

Oh yeah, we need a WR ...

Anyway, we have some holes, but our team was talent deficient last year and McDermott coached them up. We'll be fine.