Mike Schoop Takes Aim at The McCarron/Peterman Crowd

I don’t see how this is an issue at all. If we draft a QB and McCarron starts, that should mean he beat out the rookie in camp, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

If he’s saying fans don’t want to draft a QB because we have McCarron, we’ll then yeah - they’re insane and not worthy of a blog article on a local radio show website, or even a message board post.

6 minutes ago, rodneykm said:

Its pretty silly to have be absolutely sure someone is going to suck without giving them a proper chance. I'd rather be optimistic than pessimistic in life though.

I don’t know if AJ will succeed or not , but I hope he gets his fair shot , and I’ll be rooting for him just as I would for anyone wearing Bills uniform!!

• Like (+1) 2

Last year all I heard here was "trust the process." Now that we're entering perhaps the biggest event in the process, people refuse to trust OBD because they know better?

McCarron's contract tells me that several other QB needy teams did not consider him starting material. In a league where QB is the most important position, it should tell a fan something.  Perhaps he's a franchise guy, but it doesn't look the way.  Still, the chances aren't high.

Low information fans want to believe things that have little basis in reality.  Say what you will about Schopp, but some of the takes he's talking about are as off the wall as it gets.  Then again, many of these fans pushing their bizarre theories want their opinion to be right and can't be bothered with someone trying to inject a healthy dose of practicality.

This team has charted a course since last April that said QB was their priority in the 2018 off-season.  Team building does not require a front office to be fair, only to win games. McCarron and Peterman may be good guys, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't have competition from a high draft pick.

McBeane aren't going to pass on QB's in the 1st round. It would get both of them fired within 2-3 years if they did.

Q

6 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Last year all I heard here was "trust the process." Now that we're entering perhaps the biggest event in the process, people refuse to trust OBD because they know better?

McCarron's contract tells me that several other QB needy teams did not consider him starting material. In a league where QB is the most important position, it should tell a fan something.  Perhaps he's a franchise guy, but it doesn't look the way.  Still, the chances aren't high.

Low information fans want to believe things that have little basis in reality.  Say what you will about Schopp, but some of the takes he's talking about are as off the wall as it gets.  Then again, many of these fans pushing their bizarre theories want their opinion to be right and can't be bothered with someone trying to inject a healthy dose of practicality.

This team has charted a course since last April that said QB was their priority in the 2018 off-season.  Team building does not require a front office to be fair, only to win games. McCarron and Peterman may be good guys, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't have competition from a high draft pick.

McBeane aren't going to pass on QB's in the 1st round. It would get both of them fired within 2-3 years if they did.

And your point is ?

29 minutes ago, fridge said:

I don’t see how this is an issue at all. If we draft a QB and McCarron starts, that should mean he beat out the rookie in camp, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

If he’s saying fans don’t want to draft a QB because we have McCarron, we’ll then yeah - they’re insane and not worthy of a blog article on a local radio show website, or even a message board post.

I don’t think they’re were saying not to draft a QB in the first round ( maybe few idiots were ) 

i think the whole issue was that Schoop was basically making fun of people who would suggest that AJ even has a chance to be a quality starting QB 

21 minutes ago, Putin said:

i think the whole issue was that Schoop was basically making fun of people who would suggest that AJ even has a chance to be a quality starting QB 

Yes. This is, sorry to say, a moronic way to think.....then again thats what brings in the ratings I suppose.