I really dont like reading this.....

bad business.....

This is posted on the front page and I just hate reading this stuff. What can this city do to help itself out? How does a city that is a gateway to Canada and the Falls cash in on that? Buffalo is a great place; I lived half my life on Bailey Ave across from old school #9 and next to the Boys club. The rest I grew up in Quaker Meadow Apts where I use to walk up the hill past Berts Bike Shop and go to the games. When I was 8 we use to get in for free at half time during the dark years of this team... I just cant believe how far down this city has sunk and its so damn sad. People are leaving by the droves. I’m one of them, but I wanted to be in the military and in 6 short years, I retire and will be home for my Sabres and Bills. I could not stand to see my team leave this city. It would be like a death in the family. I’m a loyal fan and would give half my paycheck if it meant to keep this team here. Buffalo needs to play the tax system. Make it cheap for company's to build up here. Put tax and land packages together for big business's to come here. This city needs to do something, the great minds that are left here need to pull together and get the ball rolling. This city has hit rock bottom and has started to dig! This isnt a "The Bills are going to LA post" but this city needs to pull together and hit the decks running or more trouble will loom ahead.....

Go Bills and go Buffalo!!!!

bad business.....

This is posted on the front page and I just hate reading this stuff.  What can this city do to help itself out?  How does a city that is a gateway to Canada and the Falls cash in on that?  Buffalo is a great place; I lived half my life on Bailey Ave across from old school #9 and next to the Boys club.  The rest I grew up in Quaker Meadow Apts where I use to walk up the hill past Berts Bike Shop and go to the games.  When I was 8 we use to get in for free at half time during the dark years of this team...  I just cant believe how far down this city has sunk and its so damn sad.  People are leaving by the droves.  I’m one of them, but I wanted to be in the military and in 6 short years, I retire and will be home for my Sabres and Bills.  I could not stand to see my team leave this city.  It would be like a death in the family.  I’m a loyal fan and would give half my paycheck if it meant to keep this team here.  Buffalo needs to play the tax system.  Make it cheap for company's to build up here.  Put tax and land packages together for big business's to come here.  This city needs to do something, the great minds that are left here need to pull together and get the ball rolling.  This city has hit rock bottom and has started to dig!  This isnt a "The Bills are going to LA post"  but this city needs to pull together and hit the decks running or more trouble will loom ahead.....

Go Bills and go Buffalo!!!!

273619[/snapback]

I'm getting tired of this DeBennedetti fellow. How about he lays off the family that he found patronage jobs for first?

Could the maintanance be performed by a volunteer group of citizens instead of County workers?

If a group of citizens hell-bent on saving the team were to perform the maintenance with supplies donated by local businesses, could the services be sufficient to fullfill the terms of the agreement.

County / Union employees are expensive, what would happen if a volunteer force were created and allowed to do the general maintenance. Would that be sufficient to hold up the county's liability?

Could the maintanance be performed by a volunteer group of citizens instead of County workers?

If a group of citizens hell-bent on saving the team were to perform the maintenance with supplies donated by local businesses, could the services be sufficient to fullfill the terms of the agreement.

County / Union employees are expensive, what would happen if a volunteer force were created and allowed to do the general maintenance. Would that be sufficient to hold up the county's liability?

273661[/snapback]

That would be great, but things that make that much sense just NEVER happen.

273661[/snapback]

The union employees who have been the job since 1973 and making 85K through seniority would never permit it.

I can't believe these 2 schmucks took it upon themselves to send such a letter.

273741[/snapback]

I think that these two elcted officials made a judgement that it helps them electorally to do this. My guess is that both the Williamsvile and North Buffalo area that DeBenedetti and Weinstein represent as a whole love the Bills as most WNY do. However, as part of the more upscale economic parts of the region their areas tend to have a lower amount of football watcher, avid Bills fans, and folks who watch and gleefully gamble in office pools and with bookies because a higher percentage of their constituents can gamble in the stock market or with bond funds for their gambling fix.

By dropping this load, they give themselves the ability to answer constituent questions as to why we are signing sweetheart deals with Ralph by saying they have tried to control that side of the equation and that should be sufficient for their electoral purposes as a serious proposal from them to really squeeze dollars from this side of the equation would run into the Business Backs the Bills part of the world and Erkie Kilbourne would give them a call.

They are at war with Giambra and have sufficiently shaken his nest so I would suspect this is it for real action.

273661[/snapback]

That's not the point! If the county vilolates the terms of the lease, it opens the door for the franchise to leave. This is the same kind of chicken sh*t local government mis-management that has caused so many businesses and individuals to leave WNY. ;)