DE Terrence Fede Visited the Bills - Signs a 1-Year Deal

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Davis is a much more proven player. So no, He is not better. Will likely be cheaper and maybe has some upside. Minimum salary type player. 

Davis only made 1M or 1.1M last year, I am thinking it is the fact that he could have more potential that attracts McBeane. I don't know very much about Fede, guess it is time to do some research on him.

Championship... haha. Seems like a pretty inconsequential player, former 7th round pick, backup for years on a mediocre series of Dolphins teams. I doubt this would be a signing for anything above the league minimum. A low-risk move that is nothing to read into in my mind. 

Just now, billsfan89 said:

Championship... haha. Seems like a pretty inconsequential player, former 7th round pick, backup for years on a mediocre series of Dolphins teams. I doubt this would be a signing for anything above the league minimum. A low-risk move that is nothing to read into in my mind. 

What if he's the 2018 version of Jordan Poyer?  :)

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They moved Poyer to DE when Beane cut Shaq today. 

Should have just traded Hughes....smh

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

As long as his wife plays tight end I'm good 

Beane's wife or Shaq's?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

What if he's the 2018 version of Jordan Poyer?  :)

Even in the comparison to Poyer it falls a bit flat. Poyer was a starter before getting hurt. Poyer started 4 games in 2015 as a backup then took over as a starting safety to start 2016 playing 6 games before getting hurt. The Bills say something in Poyer during his 10 starts and took a chance on him with a low contract. This guy has done nothing in 4 years including getting hurt in 2016. I think this is a player they like to push for a backup spot. I think the way this teams structures camp battles they like there to be a lot of competition. 

But I can't get super excited about this signing, if he turns heads in the pre-season I would be pleasantly surprised. I think that the football sports media doesn't have a lot of news to cover in free agency so fairly inane signings get noticed by fans as there are less big names to report on now that 80% of significant free agents remain.  

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

Even in the comparison to Poyer it falls a bit flat. Poyer was a starter before getting hurt. Poyer started 4 games in 2015 as a backup then took over as a starting safety to start 2016 playing 6 games before getting hurt. The Bills say something in Poyer during his 10 starts and took a chance on him with a low contract. This guy has done nothing in 4 years including getting hurt in 2016. I think this is a player they like to push for a backup spot. I think the way this teams structures camp battles they like there to be a lot of competition. 

But I can't get super excited about this signing, if he turns heads in the pre-season I would be pleasantly surprised. I think that the football sports media doesn't have a lot of news to cover in free agency so fairly inane signings get noticed by fans as there are less big names to report on now that 80% of significant free agents remain.  

I'm with you. Owa Odighizuwa is infinitely more interesting than Fede. 

3 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

It was supposed to be a joke without any need for serious analysis. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

It was supposed to be a joke without any need for serious analysis. 

It's the dry days of the off-season, overanalyzation is all I got. 

5 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I'm with you. Owa Odighizuwa is infinitely more interesting than Fede. 

I forgot about him, I think he is more of a take a flyer but 2 years in and a former 3rd round pick is a more intriguing prospect. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to DE Terrence Fede Will Visit the Bills - Not Expected to Sign
  • 26CornerBlitz changed the title to DE Terrence Fede Will Visit the Bills - Signs a 1-Year Deal